When Is The Best Time To Visit Assam?
Assam is one of the finest and probably amongst the most visited places in India. But the best time to visit Assam is from November to May as during these months the weather is perfect and towards the cooler side. You can enjoy all the activities and the eternal beauty of this state. Do not forget to go on a sightseeing trip to the nearby places, especially the tea estates.
Why is November to May the best time to visit Assam?
November to May is termed as the best time to visit Assam for so many reasons. Assam is visited by nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and wildlife lovers too Although, defining the types of travelers and limiting them to just this much would be wrong. Here are a few things you will get to enjoy here:
- First, you get to enjoy the amazing weather because the temperature here stays between 8°C and 20°C.
The cold in Assam is not very much, it is rather inviting and pleasurable. Most people visit here during this season itself.
- These months also include the summer season too where you can enjoy the eternal beauty of the place.
- You can enjoy the festivals that happened between these months and love you to be a part of it.
- Enjoy the local cuisines because that’s one thing you would not want to miss out on your trip to Assam.
- During your sightseeing trip to Assam make sure that you don’t miss out visiting the tea estates because that’s one of the best things to do. There are some people who offer tea tasting sessions to the visitors. So, if you please and have time try those different types of teas.
Best Month to visit Assam
The best month to visit Assam is December because at this time the humidity in the air is minimal and the heat is the lowest. But you can consider visiting here in October itself. That’s the time when Autumn finishes and it starts getting colder. Also, October is considered as the beginning of the peak season.
Best Season to visit Assam
The best season to visit Assam is during winters because this is the time when the climate is comfortable to explore and carry out adventure activities.
Get ideas for the best time to go
The best time to visit Assam is a very subjective question in which it completely depends upon the traveller and their partners. If you too are planning something like this then you consider these factors would help you in making the right decision. You can consider all the other factors like me whether you want to, temperature, activities that you wish to perform, natural beauty you want from Assam, or any other thing that you wish during your trip.
|Peak Season to visit Assam||Off-Season to visit Assam|
|April to June||July to August|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
With the table that we have given above, you would understand that Assam is one of the best places to visit for every kind of visitor. Although the peak season of Assam is the summer season, that doesn’t mean people do not visit here during winter.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Assam in respective months.
Tourists prefer to visit Assam throughout the year and that’s because the climate of this state will always give you reasons to amuse. There are a lot of things that people love about the state like the tea estates, orchids, culture, festivals, and food. You create an itinerary with bulleting all the points that you have. After that, you will be able to decide better which would be the right time for you.
Best time to visit Assam for a honeymoon
The best time to visit Assam for a honeymoon is between November and March. Although people also choose to go for their honeymoon between March and June. Because that’s the coolest time of the year in Assam or any other state for that matter of fact. Here are other things that can be also considered:
- During the winter season, it becomes very pleasing for newly married couples.
- A couple can enjoy the peace and pristine beauty of the state at multiple destinations.
- The crowd remains enough but not too much, therefore, allowing you to enjoy yourself with your partner.
- You can also have some romantic time away from the chaos of the city. You can simply visit the secluded town of Assam to spend some time with your partner.
- Enjoy local delicacies with a candlelight dinner and a lot of other amusing things in these months.
Best time to visit Assam with family
Actually, this is a very subjective question because it will depend on the family as to which season they prefer or which month they would like to go. But generally, November to March is known to be the best time to visit Assam on a family trip. Here is why:
- You can enjoy the weather which remains soothing throughout the day and night.
- Enjoying multiple local cuisines of Assam is also done in these months.
- You can also opt for visiting here during summer because that’s also a great time for families. The temperature never goes too high. And when it does, rain brings it down.
- You can witness the real natural beauty of Assam during these months.
See Also: Places to visit in Assam
FAQs of Best Time to Visit Assam
Is it good to visit Assam in June?
Assam actively hosts visitors throughout the year but June is the wettest month in the state. People usually refrain from visiting here unless you are an avid adventure junkie.
Which is the coldest month in Assam?
The coldest month of Assam is January just like any other city or state in the country. That’s the time when adventure lovers have their peace with the weather and it is comfortable for them to visit here. On arrival, you will also get to see that there are a lot of honeymooners enjoying themselves with their partners.