Auli in December 2022 – Complete Guide
Living anywhere in North India (in the plains region) and not going for at least a weekend to hills might be a regret later. What I am trying to tell you is that there are a lot of wonderful hill stations to visit in December. It is already known to us that December and January are two peak months of winters. And whenever people think or plan their trips in these months- “Auli” remains to be one of the best picks. And that’s for all the good reasons because it offers a prismatic sight of the valley. You can enjoy loads of activities with skiing. The beautiful apple orchards and some mouth water local cuisines will act as a cherry on the top for you.
It is needless to say that Auli in winters, turns into a hub for the visitors. It becomes an adorable place for vacationers, weekenders, as well as honeymooners. Uttarakhand offers several majestic locations in winters and Auli stands on top of them. So, let’s have a closer look on what all things you should know about this small town near Joshimath.
Best time to visit Auli, Uttarakhand in December
Although, Auli is a complete year destination where people visit for multiple purposes. Still, Auli in December 1st week is known to be the best time to visit. That’s because of a lot of reasons.
- The temperature in Auli during December remains averagely at -8°C making it a wonderful place for snow lovers.
- You can enjoy adventurous activities like snowboarding, skiing, and snow playing.
- Then, you also get to enjoy the local hot and mouth-watering food offered here.
- And do not forget to take the gondola ride to Joshimath. That’s a must when traveling to Auli in December.
Know more: Best time to visit in Auli
Weather of Auli in December 2022
Snowfall in Auli in December is going to be a must and for sure thing. But apart from this, there is more to this weather. And here are some facts that you should make a note of before visiting here. It will help in planning your things better. And also while packing your clothes, it will surely be helpful!
- In December you are going to experience heavy snowfall throughout the day and nights. There are some clear days though.
- It is approximately 70% days in the entire December that Auli remains in overcast conditions.
- If you want to include a clear day in your experience, then do include December 19th in your itinerary. That’s the clearest sky day in the entire month.
- Looking at the weather forecast, it is believed that Auli in December is quite tolerable but you should keep enough warm clothes.
- There are days when you might get scanty showers, otherwise it keeps snowing throughout the month.
Temperature of Auli in December 2022
Now if you are preparing for a weeklong vacation or your honeymoon in Auli in December- then knowing about the temperature is also important. You will have to consider this because it will highly help in keeping your itinerary bulletproof. Here are a few important things to know about the temperature of Auli in December.
- The highest temperature in Auli in December can go up to 10°C. There will be hardly any chance that this temperature will be touched or things go beyond this line.
- The minimum temperature in Auli in December can dip to -9°C. There can be days when you will see temperatures comfortable enough. But most days will be cold with snow falling throughout the day.
What are the reasons To Visit Auli In December?
It is obviously the prime time to visit Auli but that is not it. Multiple factors are there that will add up to your overall visiting experience. And here are a few factors that will steer you to visit Auli in December.
- Amazing road trip to Auli
While visiting Auli, you will have to take a road trip from the Airport or the Railway Station. And this road trip will be absolutely amazing. You will get to enjoy the majestic view of the snow-capped mountains. It surely is going to be a time to remember.
- Enchanting sunrises and sunsets
If you haven’t experienced the amusement caused by sunsets and sunrises; here we have one for you. Auli’s location will never let you witness an ordinary sunrise or sunset, they will always and everyday will be enchanting. For those who don’t know the fact- the high mountains around Auli will give you a lot of amusing views.
- Himalayan Beauty
One thing that remains intact and unperturbed is the mesmerizing beauty of the Himalayas. From the popular Nanda Devi Peak to the amazing Ghori Parbat, Kamet, and Nar Parvat. Auli is a valley that’s surrounded by sheer amusing beauty. You will be amused by the huge mountains around.
- Heavy snowfall will be a permanent
What is Auli in December known for? It is for the snowfall- isn’t it? And that is going to be a constant throughout the month. You are surely going to enjoy the view of the surroundings with the snow falling throughout the days and becoming intenser through the night.
Places to visit in Auli in December
Auli wears a thick sheet of ice in December and where you visit- this will be a constant. Here are a few top-notch attractions to visit in Auli during December.
- Auli Artificial Lake (Although it will be frozen)
- Gorson Bugyal
- Chenab Lake
See more: Places to visit in Auli
Places to visit near Auli in December
If you wish to go around Auli for a good time, here are some places that can be on your list. So, put them in your itinerary as well.
What are the top things to do in Auli in December?
Auli is known for its amusement and fun activities that can be done throughout the year. But if you are planning your trip in December, the entire list can change. Here are some amusing things that can be done in the month.
- Go for the Gondola Ride to Joshimath and back.
- Walk on the frozen Auli Lake and try to glide through.
- Enjoy the fun activity of skiing which is also the most popular of them all.
- Try out the other snow activities too!
- If you wish, just go snow trekking.
- Have a look at the surrounding peaks during sunrise and sunset.
What should I wear to Auli in December?
It is going to be very cold in Auli during December and you should keep enough warm clothes. Next, it will also depend on your interest and activities that you wish to do. Here are some generic items that should be in your backpack during the trip.
- Water-repellent jacket.
- Waterproof shoes for walking on the snow.
- Trekking shoes if you wish to do this activity.
- Gloves and caps to keep yourself warm.
- A muffler is also required for protection.
- It will be good if you keep shades to protect your eyes from sunlight.
- Keep sunscreen for your face and other body parts that get exposed.
Is there snowfall in Auli in December?
Yes, it does snow between December to March and that’s one of the prominent reasons why people plan their trip during these months. Also, there is no snowfall during these months because it will be experienced throughout the day and it intensifies at night.
How can I go to Auli in December?
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun (It is approximately 220 km from Auli and you will get cabs, taxis, and buses from here.)
Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh Railway Station (It is approximately 230 km from Auli and you will again have to take a bus or cab from here.)