Everybody looks for a relaxing or rejuvenating place to visit during their vacations. Most city dwellers are always on a hunt for places just like Binsar because it has everything you want. From lush green forests offering a beautiful view of the surroundings to the number of adventure activities- each of these is there in Binsar.
It won’t be wrong to say that Binsar is one of the finest hill stations in Uttarakhand for all the good reasons. So, if you are planning on visiting a serene place then this can be your perfect destination.
Here are best places in binsar you can visit on your trip
1. Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
- This sanctuary is a paradise for birdwatchers because it has more than 200 species of birds. So, while you take a visit to this rich place make sure you have your camera with you.
- There is a small 2 km trek that you can take to reach the Mary Budden Estate which is 8000 ft above sea level.
- Offer your prayers to the Lord at the Shiva Temple in the Budden Estate.
- There is quite a collection of flora and fauna in the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary.
- It is also a beautiful place with several astonishing sights for nature lovers.
2. Chitai Golu Devta Temple
- This is a beautiful temple located in Binsar and people regularly visit here to offer their prayers. This temple is dedicated to Golu Devta, who is known to be the lord of justice.
- Although one can reach here by car, taxi, cab; still many adventure lovers prefer trekking to the temple. It is approximately 5 km from the city.
- There is a belief amongst the people here. They believe that if someone writes down a wish and ties it to the temple bell, it comes true. But when and if it does, you will have to revisit the temple to thank the lord.
- When you visit here, you will see that there are hundreds and hundreds of wishes and bells that are tied by people, which depicts how much people believe in this.
- Apart from the prayers and beliefs, you are also going to enjoy the scenic view around the temple.
3. Binsar Zero Point
- Binsar Zero Point is one place where you will enjoy it the most, because it is spellbinding.
- The viewpoint is incredible and the best time you can visit here is during the early mornings.
- While you visit here in monsoon season, you will see the entire valley covered in clouds.
- If you stay in the KMVN, it is approximately 2 km from the jungle gate. You will have to trek through the forest which is another enthralling activity.
- You don’t have to worry while trekking, just follow the trail. You won’t see any sign boards but there is no reason for you to get afraid. Trek for 2 km and you will reach Zero Point.
- There are 2 levels of machans that are available at the point and you can enjoy the view from different levels.
- Zero-point is approximately 15 km from Kasar Devi Temple, another nearby temple and attraction you can plan to visit on your trip to Binsar.
- If you are one of those who immensely enjoy bird watching, you can visit here during January.
4. Bineshwar Mahadev Temple
- Bineshwar Mahadev Temple is an old temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- You get regular Bhandara here where prasad and food are offered to the visitors.
- The temple is roughly 6 km from Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The temple is approximately 1 km from the KMVN rest house in Binsar.
5. Kasar Devi Temple
- The temple is another important attraction of Binsar which is located 15 km from Binsar Zero Point.
- This place thrills a lot of people because of its location which is approximately 2000 m above sea level.
- If you visit here during winter, you can enjoy snow too. The place becomes a completely different place during this season.
- This place has a very strong positive aura and the soothing environment here gives a lot of mental peace to the visitors.
- It is believed that Swami Vivekanand visited the temple to find peace. He meditated here for quite some time and found a lot of spiritual peace.
- Apart from the solace, this place has on offer, one can enjoy the scenic beauty making it a wonderful visiting spot for travelers.
If you are looking for a rejuvenating trip then Binsar can be your next location. Not only does it give you a peaceful environment throughout but multiple places to visit too. Make sure you do not miss out on visiting the places given above.