When Is The Best Time To Visit Dalhousie in 2022?
The best time to visit Dalhousie is between March and June which is also the peak season of this petite hill station of Himachal Pradesh. Dalhousie ideally receives a lot of visitors throughout the year but summers are the time when the number significantly increases. That’s because of the cool temperature. People from nearby states head to Dalhousie to enjoy the summer vacation.
Why between March and June the best months to visit Dalhousie?
The best months to visit Dalhousie are between March and June. To know more about this, you can read the below-given pointers.
- The snow around starts to melt with increasing temperature and the entire day remains comfortable.
- The temperature often remains between 18°C and 30°C. Mornings and evenings remain cool and the days are comfortable, to say the least.
- From May, early showers make the temperature better. Because May and June are considered to be the hottest months in the country. You will not feel the heat while in Dalhousie.
- You can also enjoy the floral splendor while visiting here during these months.
Best Season to visit Dalhousie
The best season to visit Dalhousie is none other than summers. Although if you are looking for a romantic getaway, it can be anytime in the year. And Dalhousie also serves as a honeymoon destination with most couples visiting here in winters.
Why Summer is the best season to visit Dalhousie?
Dalhousie being a hill station sees a lot of crowd during the summer and that is why it is the peak and the best season to visit here. The first and the foremost thing that steers people to Dalhousie is its cool temperature and amusing environment. The rest of them are given below:
- The temperature throughout these months remains comfortable and enjoyable.
- Adventure lovers prefer this time for their activities to fill their days with thrill.
- Visiting multiple attractions and trails is also a good option for people during these months.
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress during your visit to Dalhousie.
Best time to visit Dalhousie in winter
The best time to visit Dalhousie in winter is between December and January. The temperature between these months spins from 11°C to 13°C but it’s overall comfortable enough to be outdoors. The winter sun balances the cold and makes it a great combination for the visitors. Here are some things that can help you with this decision:
- Between December and January Dalhousie becomes a beautiful place to visit due to the comfortable weather.
- You get to see snow-capped mountains all over the place and the gorgeous Parama of the valley makes it even better for the visitors.
- Although it’s the shoulder period in tourism still you would see a lot of people flocking to the Valley to enjoy their time the most.
- The attractions like Khajjiar lake become almost frozen and it becomes a sight to behold.
- Even the visitors who have a thing for adventure activities can enjoy their time here between these months. Winter treks, hikes, and exploration activities are known to be the highlight of Dalhousie during winter.
Get ideas for the best time to go
The peak season here is also the best time to visit because that’s when Dalhousie looks and feels great. It is the time when people enjoy all of the things offered by the hill station. You can visit here with your family, friends, and even alone for a change. It will be a great deal.
|Peak Season to visit Dalhousie||Off-Season to visit Dalhousie|
|March to May||July to September (Rainy Season)|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
It highly depends on the interest of people as to what becomes their peak season. And this is because Dalhousie is one of those places where people love visiting throughout the year.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Dalhousie in respective months.
As already established, tourist preferences depend on various things. Right from the first month of the year to the last, you will see tourists enjoying their time here. Depending on your interest and the reason for visiting Dalhousie, things change.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Dalhousie
Is Dalhousie worth visiting?
Yes, Dalhousie is amongst the leading hill stations with people visiting here throughout the year. It is an absolutely amazing place to visit and you would love to spend time here.
In which month there is snowfall in Dalhousie?
Usually, December is the time when you will be able to enjoy snowfall and January is the sure month where it snows extensively keeping in mind the altitude.
What is Dalhousie famous for?
Like every other hill station in Himachal Pradesh, Dalhousie is popular for its pleasant climate as well as its natural beauty. The ideal time to visit Dalhousie is in the summer season.