When Is The Best Time To Visit Dehradun in 2022?
Dehradun is one of those places in India where visitors can go throughout the year. Lying in the foothills of the Himalayas, this destination is a retreat for all kinds of visitors. The best time to visit Dehradun is between March and June. This is the time when Dehradun shares the best weather and it is pleasant throughout the day and night.
Why March to June are the best months to visit Dehradun?
- Dehradun is quite close to the queen of hills Mussoorie and that is one reason why people visit here during summers.
- The temperature remains comfortable and enjoyable throughout these months.
- Sightseeing and visiting the attractions become so much more enjoyable.
Best time to visit Dehradun in winter
The best time to visit there is during winter which is between October and February. Surrounded by mountains, Dehradun is a plain where summer is all quite warm. Therefore a lot of people prefer visiting Doon during the colder months. Here are other reasons why you should be visiting Dehradun between October and February:
- During this season you get to enjoy the colder weather and better environment.
- It becomes comfortable during the sightseeing tours because you do not sweat much.
- Open visiting Dehradun due in October or February you can also head to the Queen of Hills Mussoorie and spend some time there as well. If you visit the hill station in December or January you get a chance to witness the snowfall here.
- You can also enjoy the local cuisine served in roadside stalls or small restaurants.
Best time to visit Dehradun in monsoon
The best time to visit Dehradun during the monsoon is between July and September when this season is at its peak in the country. Being surrounded by mountains, Dehradun is a place that has a very regulated season throughout the year. Even during the monsoons, you get to enjoy the amazing temperature with the downpour because of the mountain region around Doon. Therefore, here are some reasons why you should be visiting Dehradun in Monsoon:
- You can enjoy the downpour because it brings down a lot of freshness to the city.
- You get to enjoy cooler temperatures and chill winds which gives you a relaxed environment.
- While visiting here during this season you also get to enjoy the beautiful and greener side of Dehradun.
- You can go on a sightseeing spree or simply a room in the streets of Dehradun to explore the entire city comfortably.
- You can also relish your tastebuds with the amazing local cuisines of Uttarakhand.
Best Season to visit Dehradun
The best season to visit Dehradun is during summer and this is the time when you will see the most crowd. One of the reasons for this is its location near Mussoorie. People head to hill stations for their summer vacations.
Why Summer is the best season to visit Dehradun?
- Some summer days can be hot but the next day sees a complete day of rain bringing the temperature down again.
- The weather remains comfortable for exploring and enjoying throughout the season in Dehradun.
- Enjoying the local cuisines and local sightseeing is best done during the summer season.
- You can enjoy your time at Sahastradhara and Robber’s Cave, two important places in Dehradun.
Get ideas for the best time to go
The most crowd is received from March till June and this is a great time to visit here. The prices go higher and people enjoy their summer vacations here and in Mussoorie. But on the other hand, if you choose the other season which is winter, you still get a lot of things to do and enjoy. Dehradun has different colors in different seasons.
|Peak Season to visit Dehradun||Off-Season to visit Dehradun|
|March – June||August – November|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
There are no such festivals that are solely celebrated here so you do not have any special interest in visiting here. Natural beauty, attractions, and other important things are always available here in Dehradun and you can enjoy all of them.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Dehradun in respective months.
Dehradun has always been a year-long destination with people visiting here throughout the seasons. Where people enjoy their time in the city during winters the summer season sees a huge crowd of people too. This includes people visiting Mussoorie.
Best time to visit Dehradun for a honeymoon
Although Dehradun is not an ideal place for a honeymoon because Mussoorie is close to this city. So people prefer visiting the hill station which is at a higher altitude and gives an amazing view of the entire Doon valley from the top.
Apart from that people also prefer visiting Rishikesh Haridwar for their honeymoon overlooking the likings of Dehradun.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Dehradun
Is Dehradun open for tourists?
Yes, Dehradun is open for tourists and is becoming a hubspot for young visitors. One can visit here throughout 2022, with the ideal time being summers.
How many days is enough for Dehradun?
Dehradun being the capital city of Uttarakhand has a lot to offer but due to the small area, you can explore the entire city in just three days. Having a plan for not more than three days will be enough and if you have a week or more than these days you can simply head to the nearby places. You have an option to visit either Paonta Sahib or Mussoorie and even Vikasnagar.
Is Dehradun hot or cold?
Some days in summers become too hot and some in winters become too cold, but on average the temperature here remains comfortable and wonderful.
Is Dehradun worth visiting?
Yes, it is because of the cultural and religious sightseeing spots and importance. You can enjoy it here anytime in the year.
Which month is coldest in Dehradun?
Dehradun experiences the coldest month in January because the nearby mountains get snowfall during this month. If you do want to enjoy the cold temperature of Dehradun or snowfall in the Queens of hills, Mussoorie then prepares an itinerary during this month.