When Is The Best Time To Visit Dharamshala in 2023?
The best time to visit Dharamshala is between March to mid-July. Being on a bit lower ground, it receives rain during mid of July. And it truly is an all-season location. People plan their trips to this wonderful place irrespective of the time you visit. Needless to say that until June you will see a lot of visitors, mostly family vacationers. The temperature remains comfortable and enjoyable throughout the year.
Why March to mid-July is the best month to visit Dharamshala?
Considering March to mid-July will be the best months for you to visit Dharamsala because
- You can enjoy multiple sports in the summer season in Dharamshala.
- If you are an explorer, summers are going to be the best time for you.
- Needless to say, Dharamshala offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding valleys and mountains.
- You can cherish performing activities and enjoying food at cafes and food joints.
- Visit different monasteries at the hill station.
Best Season to visit Dharamshala
Undoubtedly, summer is termed as the best time to visit Dharamshala for a lot of reasons. It allows people to enjoy everything that’s offered by the hill station, and make your trip highly comfortable.
Why Summers is the best season to visit Dharamshala?
Summer is the best season to visit Dharamsala because that’s when people plan their trip to a hill station, mostly because they wish to beat the heat and spend some time with their family or friends:
- You can explore the hill station comfortably.
- You can enjoy food until your heart gets contended.
- You can go on a sightseeing spree which again will be highly comfortable.
- Being a part of multiple adventure activities will be also enjoyable.
Best time to visit Dharamshala in Winter
The best time to visit Dharamsala in winter is between December and February. Here is why you should plan your trip during these months:
- You can enjoy the snowfall in many places.
- You can also enjoy the delicious cuisines.
- If you are a shopaholic person then you will find a lot of clothes and warm wearables here that last long.
- Also known as the second home of the Dalai Lama, Dharamsala has a lot of amazing monasteries to explore.
- People can also enjoy snow-related activities at their best in this hill town of Himachal Pradesh during winter.
Get ideas for the best time to go
The peak season to visit Dharamshala is between March and June. When the temperature here is comfortable and the other states feel the heat.
|Peak Season to visit Dharamshala||Off-Season to visit Dharamshala|
|March to June||December to February (Winter Season)|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
Most crowds, higher prices and your choices will determine the decision of visiting here. Make sure that you look at all the parameters before deciding when you will be heading to the hill station.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Dharamshala in respective months.
Dharamshala is one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh. Many people visit here and some visit here year after year. This is one of those places that has multiple faces throughout the year. If you visit here, keep all the aspects in mind during the plan.
Best time to visit Dharamshala for a honeymoon
The best time to visit Dharamsala for a honeymoon is between mid-July to mid-September which is also known to be the monsoon season. Here is why you should prefer to visit here during this season for your honeymoon:
- Firstly there would be less to no crowd in Dharamsala during the monsoon because people prefer either visiting here in summer or in winter. So you will have the entire place all to yourself and your partner to enjoy.
- While visiting the monasteries or other attractions you will not have to rush into exploring them because they won’t be crowded.
- You will also get to enjoy the serenity and peaceful environment throughout the hill town due to the thin crowd.
- You can take a stroll in the lanes of Dharamshala without having any problems due to the fewer tourists visiting here this season.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Dharamshala
Is Dharamshala open for tourists?
Yes, Dharamshala is open for tourists and it remains open throughout the year. Where people enjoy the cool temperature in summers, they get to enjoy the snowfall in winters.
How many days are enough for Dharamshala?
Also known as mini-Tibet, Dharamshala is a perfect location for traveling. And if you want to enjoy every bit of it. 2 days or a weekend at most will be enough.
Is there snowfall in Dharamshala?
The weather becomes cold during the winter season that is between the End of December until February. Making it a wonderful place to enjoy snowfall. But there will be snowfall in January only. So make your plans accordingly.
Is July a good time to visit Dharamshala?
Yes, July is a good time to visit Dharamsala and you will see a huge crowd at this hill station. Being the month which is also denoted as the onset of rain and a lot of people take quick trips to Dharamsala during this month. So you can also plan a trip during the month but if it’s done in the first half it would be better.
Is Dharamsala safe to visit?
There are two identical destinations in Himachal Pradesh named Dharamshala and Mcleodganj. Both these destinations are close to each other and people plan weekend trips, quick vacations, extended summer vacations, and honeymoon trips to these places. So we can say that it is absolutely safe to visit Dharamsala at any point in time and season. Here are a few pointers that would help you in understanding the place a bit better:
- Dharamsala is one of the most peaceful towns in India because the entire population of this place follows Buddhism.
- The locals here are very kind and warm-hearted and they help the travelers whenever and wherever in need.
- In the past decade, Dharamsala has turned out to be a very popular destination that even solo females of all age groups have visited without a doubt in their heads.
- According to statistics, Dharamsala is amongst those cities, towns, villages, and destinations in India where the crime rate is negligible or the lowest.
See Also: Best time to visit Srinagar | Best time to visit Manali | Best time to visit Shimla
Best time to visit Darjeeling | Best time to visit Goa | Best time to visit Nainital