What comes to mind when you think about Goa? Is it the endless horizon, water sports, delicacies, vibrant culture, or beaches? Whatever you might think about this place, it is going to be a blast on your trip. This beautiful and thrilling destination of India is one of the prime places for tourists of all kinds. People from all over the world visit here for enjoying their time. If you have been planning on visiting Goa in May, then this is going to be the right decision.
From exploring the city to enjoying the scrumptious meals, and partying in the festivals and events to having an amazing time, Goa promises a lot of things. So hold on and read this guide completely to understand and enjoy your time at this state.
Is May a good time to visit Goa?
Actually May is not the peak season month of Goa but it is a decent time to visit here. The humidity level remains at par and you will enjoy the time at the shacks and beaches. The temperature on average remains approximately 32°C. The best week to visit Goa in May is either the first or the second. Post this, you will get a lot of showers which reduces the crowd.
See More: Best time to visit Goa
What is the weather of Goa in May 2023?
Goa being a beach destination can get warm and humid in May. The temperature on average remains around 32°C and the humidity of the entire state shuttles between 60 to 80%. And the chances of rain and thunderstorms significantly increase in May because this is the onset month of the rainy season. While you make a plan to visit Goa during this month, we would suggest that you must bring in airy and breathable clothes. Stay completely hydrated and fed up to enjoy the place at its best.
The temperature of Goa in May 2023
The weather of Goa in May 2023 will remain hot and humid like any other year. The mornings and afternoons will be a bit warmer whereas it will get cooler during the evenings and nights. But all in all, you will have a blast during your visit to the beach destination of India.
Places to visit in Goa in May
We all know that Goa is a very happening place and people enjoy a lot of things here. If you want to get a hang of Goa at its best, we would suggest you should definitely pay for these places a visit. From busy beaches to calming and serene ones, from forts to caves; there are a lot of attractive destinations here and around the place. We have a list of top places to visit in Goa.
|Baga Beach||Calangute Beach||Vagator Beach||Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary|
|Anjuna Beach||Fort Aguada||Morjim Beach||Arvalem Caves|
|Old Goa||Dudhsagar Falls||Palolem Beach||Tambdi Surla Temple|
|Panaji||Chapora Fort||Candolim Beach||Naval Aviation Museum|
What are the top things to do in Goa in May?
For Goa, where is considered to be an off-season month because from here on the monsoon season starts. This is the reason that you will see fewer tourists visiting here. And after the first two weeks, the rain gets a bit denser, and multiple water activities are closed. But if you want a budget trip to Goa then this month can be ideal. And if you wish to enjoy some activities, just have a look at the list of them.
- You can relax at the beaches while enjoying the view and weather.
- Pay a visit to the intriguingly designed churches and cathedrals across the state.
- Then you can also be a part of a festival, party, or a fest.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the spice plantations in the state.
- Explore the flora and fauna here at the sanctuaries.
- Do not miss out on trying authentic Goan cuisine.
- Make sure you visit historic forts of the state to enjoy hiking and a magnificent view from the top.
- Go out shopping at the local markets and do not miss the flea markets; they can be visited once a week.
Water Sports Activities in Goa in May
When we talk about the beach destination of India, water activities and the thrill it has to offer also come to our mind. Although you will get limited access to the water activities that are offered here, still it will be fun. There are loads of activities that can be enjoyed. We have a list of them here for you which might help in making a better decision. Also, while you try to avail the fun they have in store, we suggest you should talk to the offerers.
|Jet skiing||Stand-up paddleboarding||Kiteboarding|
|Banana boat rides||Windsurfing||Snorkeling|
What are the food and drinks in Goa in May?
Like the beaches and streets, Goa is also popular for its cuisines and drinks. Whenever people think about Goa, they surely think about Feni or other drinks. But do you know there is so much else to uncover? The cuisines here offer a perfect melange between Portuguese-influenced and Indian dishes. Seafood, curries, and stews can be delightfully enjoyed at many restaurants. Here is what you can enjoy and where you can enjoy in Goa.
|Restaurants and Cafes of Goa||Popular dishes and drinks that should be tried|
|Mum’s Kitchen||Pork vindaloo, Fish curry, Feni, Xacuti|
|Viva Panjim||Fish Recheado, Chicken Cafreal, and Prawn Curry|
|Gunpowder||Goat cheese stuffed naan, Cocktails, Beer|
|Black Sheep Bistro||Lamb, Grilled fish, Truffle fries, Cocktails|
|Thirsty Bear||Mango beer, honey Ale, Pizzas, Nachos|
The types of Accommodations in Goa in May
Goa is a highly visited destination and one of the prime tourist spots too. Thousands of Indian and Foreign people visit here every year. Therefore, Goa has a huge variety of accommodations available. And even in May, you will be able to get a list of options in almost all the categories. Here is a list of things that can help you in picking a stay at the state.
|Types of accommodations in Goa||Options available in May|
|Luxury hotels and resorts||
|Budget guesthouses and homestays||
|Villas and apartments for rent||
What should I pack for a trip to Goa in May?
Packing your bags for Goa and being unable to decide what should go in is a very tedious job. Because there are multiple things that you will have to consider. But generally, you should prepare your bag with breathable clothes taking the most space. You should keep sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses, a hat, and similar items. Because you are visiting here in May, it is better that you keep an umbrella or raincoat.
What are the main reasons To Visit Goa In May?
May will be ideal for you because it is the time with not many people visiting here. You can enjoy your time without having to wait in long queues. The parties can be enjoyed more with less crowd and so on. Here are some reasons that might steer you to visit here during the time we are talking about.
- If you are an explorer, May brings in a lot of rain that makes the lush greenery of the state even better.
- You will not have to wait in long queues to get your things as there will lesser tourists during the season.
- The place will be peaceful and relaxed for those who wish for a rejuvenating time.
- You can get better deals on hotels for accommodation and it becomes highly affordable to visit here during this month.
- During May, you can also be a part of multiple local festivals that will elevate your visiting experience. The Feast of St. Joseph Vaz and the Shigmo festival are two of them.
- If you wish for a rejuvenating experience, do not miss out on the Ayurveda treatment that is offered here.
- And water activities are not the only fun things to enjoy here. You can consider trekking and exploring the offbeat places here.
Safety and health tips for visiting Goa in May
When visiting Goa in May, people think about the fun and enjoyment they will have. But it is equally important to understand the responsibility of keeping themselves safe. You need to keep a check on yourself and understand that there are a few important tips to keep in mind. Some of them are mentioned below so that you can take care of them while on your next trip here.
- You need to stay hydrated all the time. And limit your alcohol consumption.
- Do not forget to wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat if exposing yourself to the sun.
- If it rains, you must not indulge in water activities or go out swimming in the sea.
- Even today, there are cafes, restaurants, and other party places that do consider covid guidelines to be important. Follow them!
Goa is one of the finest destinations in India and you will surely get a hang of it once visited. It is a party place but also a honeymoon destination. Goa in May is quieter than in the coming months because this is actually the monsoon season. But that doesn’t mean you are going to miss out on anything. It is going to be a wonderful time for you, no matter what.