When to Go to Jaisalmer In 2023
The best time to visit Jaisalmer is between October and March when the heat is considerably low in the desert. Otherwise, the sand makes it unbearably hot for travelers to go on a sightseeing trips and enjoy other activities. Although the evenings become quite cooler because the sand releases the heat after sunset.
Why October to March is the best time to visit Jaisalmer
October to March is the best time to visit Jaisalmer because of a lot of things. We have mentioned a few for you:
- Firstly because of the lower temperature, it becomes enjoyable to spend time here.
- There are multiple festivals that are celebrated during these months, one of the most popular amongst them all is the Jaisalmer Desert Festival which happens in February every year.
- You can also enjoy Sam Dunes where travelers get to spend a night under the sheet of stars which is approximately 42 km from Jaisalmer.
- Taking a single-day trip to Kuldhara will also be pleasing and hiccup-free due to the cooler weather.
Best Month to Visit Jaisalmer 2023
The best month to visit Jaisalmer is February because it is the coldest month of the country and most parts enjoy the low temperature including Jaisalmer.
Why February is the best month to visit Jaisalmer
January is the best month to visit Jaisalmer because of the low temperature, colorful festivals, comfortable weather, and a few more things.
- February is the best month to visit Jaisalmer because of the low temperature making it surreal for the visitors.
- One can also become a part of the colorful and popular Jaisalmer desert festival.
- The comfortable weather allows the visitors to take a trip to other nearby places like Sam Dunes and Kuldhara comfortably.
- Travelers can enjoy sightseeing tours in Jaisalmer at ease.
Best Season to Visit Jaisalmer
Undoubtedly, the best season to visit Jaisalmer is winter. The temperature drops during this season and it becomes comfortable to explore and enjoy the city. If you were to visit here in summer, you would have to encounter the scorching sun and unbearable heat during the daytime.
Why Winter is the best season to visit Jaisalmer
Winter is the best season to visit Jaisalmer because:
- It is cooler here and that makes exploring the city comfortable and enjoyable.
- You can also visit the desert area during the day (which becomes very difficult during any other season)
- Night stay at Sam dunes becomes even better when you visit here in winters.
- You can also enjoy several sports and festivals during winter.
Best time to visit Jaisalmer in the summer
There are still many people not only from India but even from abroad who visit Jaisalmer during the summer. If you are also planning on doing the same thing, make sure it happens between April and July. After July Jaisalmer gets some short-duration showers too in certain parts only.
But if you are planning to visit Jaisalmer in summer, make up your mind because the temperature will be really high. You will have to bear the scorching sun. Keep an umbrella in your hand and apply sunscreen to protect your skin.
While sightseeing tours, keep a water bottle filled all the time to stay hydrated. But there are a few perks related to this. You will be getting cheaper hotels and enough time to enjoy an activity. Your trips to the monuments and attractions would be peaceful and you can enjoy as much as you want.
Nevertheless, the evenings will be enjoyable because the temperature will significantly go down. And you will feel that as the sunsets.
Best time to visit Jaisalmer sand dunes
The best time to visit the city for enjoying the sand dunes is between November and March. Jaisalmer is filled with sand that holds heat which is why the temperature during the daytime remains high throughout the city. On the other hand, one of the finest attractions of Jaisalmer is the Sam Dunes which is approximately 42 km away.
You can spend a complete night under the stars which is going to be pleasing and adventurous at the same time. While you plan your trip to this magnificent place between November and March, it would be highly enjoyable.
Best time to visit Jaisalmer with family
The best time to visit Jaisalmer with family is between October and March. The reason is while sightseeing tours, keep a water bottle filled all the time to stay hydrated. But there are a few perks related to this. You will be getting cheaper hotels and enough time to enjoy an activity. Your trips to the monuments and attractions would be peaceful and you can enjoy as much as you want.
It is not advised to visit this city during summer with family because of the sun. The sheer heat of the sun during the hotter months becomes unbearable and your family would probably not be able to enjoy all of it. The amusing things that you can do here would be left incomplete. Though the nights would become cooler it still will not be as good as the winter months. If you visit here between October and March, you will be able to enjoy nightlife as well as daylife. Shopping, sightseeing, and even activities. So make your decision wisely when it comes to choosing the time to visit here.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Jaisalmer
Is September a good time to visit Jaisalmer?
Yes, September is a good time to visit Jaisalmer because this is the month that marks the beginning of the winter season in Jaisalmer.
Is July a good time to visit Jaisalmer?
July is considered to be off-season and people mostly stay away from visiting Jaisalmer during this time because of the scorching sun and high temperature.
Is August a good time to visit Jaisalmer?
August is a favorable time because the evenings and nights are considerably cooler and people can enjoy the nightlife. You can consider August as a good time but not an ideal time to visit Jaisalmer. The temperature starts to take a dip from this month so the influx of travelers increases right from this month.