When Is The Best Time To Visit Jim Corbett National Park in 2023?
November to February is the best time to visit Jim Corbett National Park because this is the onset of winters and one can enjoy comfortable weather. Apart from this, you can visit all the ranges throughout the park. You can book your stay at the forest rest houses and make your stay even better.
Why October to February are the best months to visit Jim Corbett National Park?
It is very important to understand when is the best time to visit the Jim Corbett National Park. Accessing this will help you in understanding the right time which will further help you in having a great trip to the national park. So here are a few things that can help you in deciding:
- The temperature during these months is comfortable and people love to enjoy multiple safaris in the national park.
- This is the time when you can witness many varieties of animals and birds (some of them being migratory birds that can be seen in winters only)
- The weather is soothing for hiking and trekking.
- You can explore the entire place in a better way.
Best Season to visit Jim Corbett National Park
The best time to visit Jim Corbett National Park is during winters. The safaris are most enjoyed during these months because the temperature remains on the cooler side with approximately 15-degrees Celsius being the highest during the day.
Why Winter is the best season to visit Jim Corbett National Park?
- The spotting of tigers in the winters increases substantially because in summers they keep sitting in cool areas like bushes.
- You can see the beautiful greenery just after the monsoon and the overall experience of visiting here just multiplies exponentially.
- Winters are also the best time for birdwatching as you can spot a lot of migratory birds too.
- The days remain quite pleasant so people can hike and trek throughout the allowed places.
Best Time to Visit Jim Corbett National Park in summer
Summer is the best time to visit Jim Corbett National Park therefore the best time will be between April to June.
Here is why:
- One of the biggest reasons why you should be visiting the National Park in summer is because you get better chances of seeing a tiger.
- During summer season usually, the tiger and other animals can be seen around the water bodies, and that’s where you will have to be.
- Given that the temperature might sometimes touch 40°C and some of the lush greenery of the park keeps the place balmy and fresh throughout the season.
- All five zones during these months remain open for tourists and you have the best chance to book your stay at the Forest Rest House.
- On visiting Jim Corbett national park in summer you also get to enjoy the sightings of several rare species of birds. Jeep Safari, rafting, nature walk, angling, and other outdoor activities become enjoyable during these months.
Get ideas for the best time to go
Although, there is no certain good time to visit Corbett National Park because everyone has their own wish to visit here. Where some enjoy their time during the winter season the others prefer summers. But you cannot plan on visiting here during the monsoon because the best zones of the national park remain closed throughout the rainy season.
|Peak Season to visit Jim Corbett National Park||Off Season to visit Jim Corbett National Park|
|November and February||June to September (Monsoon)|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
Most people prefer visiting Corbett National Park during winters and that is also the peak time for the tourists. You will see a lot of people planning their trip during this time. Not just families, but even adventurers, and nature lovers make their way to the national park during the winter months.
Tourists’ preference according to visit Jim Corbett National Park in respective months.
It depends on the tourists as to which month is the best for them. If you are looking for cheap staying options you can come here during summers and if that’s not the issue, prefer to visit between October and February.
Best time to see tigers in Jim Corbett national park?
The best chance to see the Royal Bengal tigers which is also the highlight of this national park is between 1st October and 30th June. Depending on the climate the dates can be shifted but mostly they remain the same.
The temperature between October and March remains comfortable and convenient for the visitors whereas since April it starts to rise. But it never gets too hot. The best chance to see a tiger in Corbett is either in Dhikala or Bijrani zone. So, make your bookings accordingly.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Jim Corbett National Park
Is Jim Corbett National Park open now in 2023?
The Jim Corbett National Park remains open throughout the year but the main zones get closed during the monsoon season. The roads get submerged underwater and Dhikala gets good rain. So all of this steers people away from the park. And the officials restrict the tourists to the peripheral zones of the park.
Which zone is the best in Jim Corbett National Park?
If you want to spot the Royal Bengal Tigers, the best chance of getting them is at the Dhikala Zone. This is located deep in the jungle and the tigers love being in secluded regions. The ones that are towards the doors have small villages around there.
Is October a good time to visit Jim Corbett?
Yes, October is a good time to visit Jim Corbett National Park because this is the time when the monsoon ends and it is the beginning of winter. During this month It rains for two days in the entire month which is quite convenient for the visitors.
The highest temperature in this month averages to 28°C whereas the lowest temperature remains comfortable at 17°C. Therefore you can have a great time when you visit the National Park in the month of October.