With a number of enchanting destinations; North India has always been a go-to place for people from across the country- throughout the year. And one of the finest destinations amongst them is “Uttrakhand.” And if you were to decide on a place inside the state, many people would pick Kausani.
If you have already done that, here are a few places to visit in Kausani. You will get ample time to enjoy the beauty and serenity offered by this beautiful village of Uttarakhand.
Here are some amazing tourist places in Kausani that you can explore in 2023
1. Baijnath Temple
- Baijnath Temple is located in Baijnath Town in Garhwal Himalayas.
- It is a popular tourist attraction and a revered Shiva Temple in the ancient town.
- The group of temples makes the entire complex here and they are regularly renovated.
- It is believed that the water of this temple has medicinal value and people collect it in containers and take it home.
- One can visit the temple between 6:30 am and 9 pm, and offer their prayers to the lord.
- The best time to visit the Baijnath Temple is during the aarti.
- The surroundings of the temple are clean, serene, and enchanting. You can feel the positive energy throughout the complex.
2. Anasakti Ashram
- Is one of the best attractions in Kausani offering a wonderful view of the Himalayas.
- It is the very place where Gandhiji stayed for 14 days.
- The best things to do here also include the sunrise and sunset view from the outside of the house. It is eye-arresting.
- You can also get clicked with the statue of Gandhiji in the vicinity.
- Three monkey statues are also placed outside the house each of them representing the sayings of Gandhiji.
3. Kausani Tea Estate
- Kausani Tea Estate is spread across 206 acres and is situated at 1890 m and is simply a haven for tea lovers. It is also known as the mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand.
- The organic tea that’s produced in this area is exported to Germany, the US, Australia, and many other countries.
- Trekkers and hikers love spending time at this place because there are multiple trails you can trek on.
- The timings for visiting here are between 8 am and 6:30 pm and there are no entry fees or charges to go here.
- The beautiful plantation and tea gardens make it a wonderful attraction to visit during your trip to Kausani.
4. Rudradhari Waterfall
- Approximately 10 km from the main Kausani town, Rudradhari Waterfall is a breathtaking attraction.
- It is located near Kantali Village and can be reached either by trekking or via cab.
- Visiting the attraction is best between 8 am and 6 pm. During this time you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the surroundings and the waterfall.
- If you trek for approximately 2 km from the waterfall, there is a small but beautiful Shiva Temple. Visiting the temple is worth it because of the surroundings and the peacefulness.
- This temple is believed to be 1000s of years old.
- Another wonderful thing around the waterfall is the caves. Yes, you heard that right! You can visit these caves and enjoy exploring them.
- Trekking through the jungle is simply inexplicable and would create some amazing memories for life.
5. Sumitranandan Pant Gallery
- Sumitranandan Pant was a great poet and this gallery is built to honor his work.
- The gallery is made in his house and it falls on the way to Anashakti Ashram.
- This place is a must-visit owing to the pictures and work that is on showcase here.
- Sumitranandan Pant Gallery is a place that engages family visitors as well as couples.
6. Kausani Planetarium
- If you love watching stars and wish to get a closer view of the snow-laden peaks of the Himalayas, Kausani Planetarium can be your kind of place.
- You simply have to pay 100 INR as the entry fee for Kausani Planetarium. The visiting hours are between 6 am and 10:30 pm.
- At night you can visit here to take a view of the stars and planets.
- You can take a guided tour of the entire place with kids and families. There are guides who know a lot about celestial positioning and can guide you throughout your tour.
Apart from the celestial view, one can enjoy the Nanda Devi peak sightings too.
7. Dandeshwar Temple
- Dandeshwar Temple falls in the group of 124 temples in Jageshwar. This makes it a popular and important temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- The visiting hours of Dandeshwar Temple are between 6:30 am and 7:30 pm but the best time to visit the temple is during the aarti.
- Dandeshwar Temple is located a bit uphill from the entire complex and you will be amused with the view from the temple.
- It is believed to have a lot of significance to the locals (especially the tribe) and the temple also is believed to be from Shivaji’s era.
- The panoramic view from the temple is simply divine.
8. Kausani Shawl Factory
- If you want to buy some souvenirs and you want to buy something from the local shops, Kausani Shawl Factory is a must-visit.
- Warm and designer shawls range from 250 INR to 7000 INR. There is a huge range of options and when you visit here; you surely will love something.
- If you want to buy pashminas, you will surely get them here! There is no doubt they are the real ones and not fake.
- You can visit here and look for something from mufflers to shawls and everything is going to be easy.
9. Pinath Mandir
- To reach Pinath Mandir you have to go for a trek and it is not only eye-arresting but interesting too.
- You can take a taxi from your hotel to Kaatli Village and then there is another 2-hour trek to the temple.
- Pinath Mandir is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is a peaceful place to visit. You can also opt for a stay at the homestays near the temple.
- Moreover, if you want to visit Budd Pinath Mandir; you will have to go for another 2-hour trek from your stay.
- Anything else or not, Pinath Mandir is beautiful, the trek is adventurous and daunting, and you get a lot of amusement while doing it.
What are the best attractions in Kausani, you may ask- the list is given above. You can put them on your list so that you don’t miss out on anything.
See Also: Places to visit in Nainital