When Is The Best Time To Visit Kerala in 2022?
The best time to visit Kerala is between September and March when the temperature on the thermometer reduces. The weather becomes cooler and absolutely amazing for travelers to enjoy exploring.
Why September and March are the best months to visit Kerala?
- It is the time when the weather is quite comfortable.
- During these months tourists can enjoy exploring the city well
- One can enjoy various festivals if they are here in time
- The entire place gets beautiful with natural beauty filling the area.
Best Season to visit Kerala
The best season to visit Kerala is the winter season when the humidity level goes down and the temperature becomes comfortable. If you are a traveler or an explorer, this is the best time for you as well. Nature lovers can also enjoy the amazing sights of beautiful nature’s gift.
Why Winter is the best season to visit Kerala?
- During winters, there are a few grand festivals that are celebrated in Kerala that you can be a part of.
- Enjoy the amazing weather with nature’s beauty at its best.
- The humidity in the entire state gets lowest during the winter season.
- Enjoy the amazing cuisines as the weather will also help you in that.
Best time to visit Kerala in Summer
The best time to visit Kerala in the summer is between March to May. But with this, you will have to also keep in mind that Kerala is not an ideal destination for the summer season. Being located in the peninsular region of India it receives a lot of rainfall and in summer it becomes very moist and humid.
So if you want to enjoy the backwaters or the other things offered by Kerala it is advised that you should visit here either during the offset of the monsoon or during the winter. So you will not find a lot of people visiting Kerala during the summer. On the other hand, the hill stations in Kerala as well as the ayurvedic places still have an influx of tourists.
Get ideas for the best time to go
There are two major seasons under which the best time in Kerala depends and they are categorized majorly as the peak season and offseason. Any of these seasons is right for you to visit here because there are different things you get to enjoy in these times.
|Peak Season to visit Kerala||Off-Season to visit Kerala|
|December to February||April to September|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
With all the information given above you can check which amongst them will suit you the most. Take your time and see what is your sweet spot. Every kind of traveler finds a different time to enjoy.
Best time to visit Kerala for honeymoon
The best time to visit Kerala for a honeymoon is between October and March. This is known to be the sweet spot, sweet months, or the ideal honeymoon time anywhere in the state. There are several reasons why people choose October to March as their preferable months for having a honeymoon in Kerala. Some of them are listed below:
- Firstly, the temperature during these months is very comfortable and you will face no problems in having a wonderful time with your partner.
- Being the colder months in the state October to March also has minimal humidity which again helps in elevating the experience of your honeymoon in Kerala.
- If you wish to stay in a houseboat during your backwaters trip then also these months are going to be the most pleasant of the complete year.
- The evenings are very pleasurable and you can also enjoy candlelight dinners if you stay somewhere near the beach area in Kerala.
Best time to visit Kerala with family
Talking about the best time to visit Kerala with family is surely between December to February. This is the time when you will see a lot of crowd coming to watch Kerala from the nearby places and even from North India you still should plan your trip during these months.
- During these months you can spend time in the backwaters and enjoy yourself with your family.
- Kerala is very popular for the Ayurveda treatment and if you want to get that these months will be close to ideal, but that being a subjective thing depends on you.
- All the sightseeing trips that are taken by you and your family will be very pleasurable because the temperature will be comfortable and you won’t be wearing too many clothes. The temperature never goes very cold in Kerala and the most it happens is to be close to comfortable where you can wear a single sweater and bear the cold.
- Staying in houseboats will also be enjoyable because of the comfortable temperature.
Best Time To Visit Kerala Backwaters
If you were to ask me about this question I would suggest the best time to visit Kerala for backwaters or stay at houseboats is between October and March which is also the winter season here. We have already mentioned multiple times why the winter season is suitable for your travel and why you should consider visiting here during these months so we believe that you might have made the right decision already.
Best time to visit Kerala beaches
Kerala is a very fine place to visit for those who want to spend some time on beaches. Although Goa is the first preference and has always been the same you still can consider visiting Kerala for their pristine beaches. If you were to decide the best time for the same it should be between November to February. Here are the main reasons why:
- Firstly, November to February is the best time to visit the beaches due to the comfortable temperature.
- It is not an unknown fact that Kerala receives a lot of rainfall throughout the year but these are the months when the shower is the least.
- Also, the humidity of the place is in check throughout these months.