Ladakh and bike trips are like synonyms. You cannot part them and that’s one thing that entices people a lot. Right from the beginning when Ladakh started getting traction, it was bikers who went on a spree to visit this wonderful place. But with that, a lot of queries and doubts started surfacing the market.
If you too are confused as to which is the best bike to visit Ladakh, then here is a list of options that you can choose from. Multiple people have already traveled to Leh Ladakh on these bikes and they faced no problem.
Here are our list of best bikes for Leh Ladakh road trip
|Hero XPulse 200||Rs. 1.20 to Rs. 1.30 Lakh||40 kmpl|
|Yamaha FZ X||Under 1.5 lakh||48 kmpl|
|Royal Enfield Bullet 350/ Classic 350 cc||Under 2 lakh||37 kmpl|
|Royal Enfield Himalayan||Rs. 2.14 to Rs. 2.22 Lakh||30 to 36.26 kmpl|
|KTM DUKE 200 cc||Under 2 lakh||33 kmpl|
|Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 cc||Rs. 2.81 to Rs. 3.03 Lakh||33.17 kmpl|
|Bajaj Dominar 400 cc||Rs. 2.12 to Rs. 2.17 Lakh||34 kmpl|
1. Hero XPulse 200
- This is an affordable option for those who wish to buy a new bike and then embark on their journey.
- This is a powerful 200 cc bike that generates 17.8 bhp of max power that would help you ride in all the terrains.
- The comfortable ergonomics of the bike make off-roading a piece of cake.
- The higher ground clearance of the bike coupled with a refined engine makes the trip so much better for the riders.
- Hero XPulse 200 has a generous 13 liters tank so that you do not have to carry heavy jerry cans all along the trail.
- What makes things better is the Hero Xpluse 200 mileage that clocks around 40 kmpl and comes in handy when riding in Ladakh.
2. Yamaha FZ X
- Yamaha FZ X is a street bike that can take off-roading easily.
- This is a smaller engine bike which is 150 cc and with the grunt it has, you can enjoy your trip to Ladakh on this one.
- The bike comes with a 10 liters fuel tank which is quite big.
- The mileage of this bike is approximately 48 kmpl making it one of the best touring bikes in India.
3. Royal Enfield Bullet 350/ Classic 350 cc
- It won’t be wrong to say that Royal Enfield Bullet and Classic 350 are two of the best bikes to visit Leh Ladakh on a road trip.
- Apart from being one of the most affordable 350 cruisers, it is also a very powerful machine.
- These bikes are also the most preferred option when it comes to going to Ladakh.
- Both these bikes churn out a max power and torque of 20.2 bhp and 27 Nm respectively.
- The comfortable seating and powerful engine together makes it a good choice., isn’t it?
- One of the best things about this bike is, if you face a breakdown at any place, you will get a mechanic who can fix it. The bike isn’t too complex to dismantle or assemble.
4. Royal Enfield Himalayan
- As the name suggests, the bike is made to ride on the Himalayas and the 411 cc engine makes it an easy task.
- This is a great commuter/ tourer that dispenses 24.3 bhp and 32 Nm of max power and torque.
- The bike also has a huge 15 liters fuel tank that makes commuting and taking tours to Ladakh comfortable.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan also delivers a good mileage of 30 kmpl that adds to its perks.
- Not to forget the high ground clearance of the bike (maybe the best in this segment) is also why adventurers love having this machine.
5. KTM DUKE 200/250/390 cc
- Duke is also a powerful option and what makes them good tourers (not comfortable) is the fact that they are lightweight.
- The grunty engines and powerful torque is what people love about this bike.
- The duke options get a 13.5 liters fuel engine which is a good capacity if you want to go riding to Ladakh.
- The LED light of the machine makes traveling in the early morning before daybreak and evening ride comfortable.
- The bikes have an exhaustive instrumental cluster.
6. Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 cc
- If it comes to enjoying a powerful engine and comfortable ride; Royal Enfield Interceptor is an ideal choice.
- The bike offers a generous 24 kmpl mileage approximately, even though it is a 650 cc machine.
- You get a 6-speed transmission that is another perk of opting for this bike.
- The fuel tank capacity of the bike is 13.7 liters which is again a generous offering in a huge bike like this.
- The refined engine will keep away the extra vibrations at higher rpm.
7. Bajaj Dominar 400 cc
- There is no describing how amazing Dominar 400 is. As the name suggests, it is a 400 cc engine that brings together power and refinement in a single engine.
- The maximum power offered by the bike is 39.5 bhp and the maximum torque is 35 Nm.
- The LED headlamps of the bike makes riding in the dark easy and comfortable.
- This tourer bike also has a huge ground clearance making it a good option for people wanting to visit Ladakh.