All About Hall of Fame
Not many people are aware of the fact that the Hall of Fame that’s situated in Leh Ladakh. There are a lot of legends in stories about this amazing attraction. One of them is the Indo-Pak war which was won by India.
If you wish to know more about this place before you actually visit here, please give this blog a complete read and know about things you never knew before.
Quick Information about Hall of Fame, Leh Ladakh
|What kind of a monument is this?||It is a museum|
|Who constructed the Hall of Fame||The Indian Army in 1986|
|Why Hall of Fame Constructed||To commemorate the deaths of soldiers during the Indo-Pak war|
|What’s inside the Hall of Fame||The names of the soldiers and war equipment.|
Introduction and insight about Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame is one of the most popular attractions of Leh Ladakh that is constructed in the Leh region of the union territory. This is a museum that is built to commemorate the soldiers who lost their lives during the Indo-Pak war. This important and beautiful museum was constructed in 1986 by the Indian Army.
The museum is located approximately 4 km from Leh city on the Leh-Kargil road. This monument is a two-story building where on the first floor you get to see the names of the Bravehearts of India. On the second floor, you will get to see the arms and ammunition that were captured by the Indian army during the war. Also, you will find a few types of equipment that was used by the Indian Army themselves.
Attractions inside the Hall of Fame museum
While you prepare to step inside the Hall of Fame, with a rush of emotions, you also get to relieve the emphatic past of India. There are two floors in the museum and both of them have their own significance.
- Around the monument, you will get to see the culture and history of Ladakh.
- On the upper floor, you will see a section named OP Vijaya Gallery.
- There is a wall that’s dedicated to the Kargil War with images showing glimpses of the war.
- Then there is a gallery that’s dedicated to the Indo-Sino War. You will get to see the arms and ammunition used in this war too.
- You will also come across a wall that has the names of all the Bravehearts that lost their lives during the Indian wars.
- The Hall of Fame premises also has a souvenir corner from where you can buy t-shirts, caps, shawls, and other items.
- There is a cinema room as well, where you can watch the documentary as well.
- Visit the Om Vijaya Gallery
- There is also a part of the gallery in the museum that’s dedicated to the Siachen area.
Hall of Fame – Opening and Closing time
The Hall of Fame stays open throughout the week. You can visit here between two shifts:
Morning timings- 9 am to 1 pm
Evening timings- 2 pm and 7 pm.
Is the Hall of Fame open for tourists now?
The Hall of Fame remains open for tourists throughout the year and yes, it is open for tourists now.
Hall of Fame Leh Entry Fee Details
- The entry fee to the Hall of Fame is only 50 INR.
- But if you wish to carry your camera, you will be charged an additional 100 INR.
- To watch the documentary, you will have to pay 200 INR additionally at the counter.
How to reach the Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame is one of the finest and most important attractions of Leh Ladakh. Its accessibility from Leh city makes it even more of a place to visit. Here is how you can locate the attraction during your trip:
Leh Airport to Hall of Fame – 2.1 km
Leh Market to Hall of Fame – 5.6 km
Hall of Fame Captions
As soon as you enter the Hall of Fame’s premises you will see a Buddha Statue kept there. While you offer your prayers and touch the statue it feels so calm and peaceful. And there is a caption carved under it that says, “It’s better to conquer yourself than winning a thousand battles. Then the victory will be yours. It can’t be taken from you not by demons, not by angels to heaven or hell.”
Places to visit near Hall of Fame
While you go on a sightseeing tour of the Hall of Fame, don’t worry, there are multiple other nearby attractions that can be covered with this attraction. While making a day’s plan do take note of these attractions too.
This is a popular monastery that is just 9 km away from the Hall of Fame. It offers a magnificent view of the Indus River. There is a lot of significance that Spituk Monastery holds for the locals of Ladakh and even the ones outside.
Another important monastery and tourist attraction of Leh Ladakh is approximately 19 km away from the Hall of Fame.
Shey Monastery is one that’s amongst the closest attractions to the Hall of Fame. This is about 15 km away and is quite accessible too.
Leh Palace is just 6 km away from the attraction and you can enjoy visiting here too. Take a tour of the palace.
One of the most important monuments built in Ladakh, Shanti Stupa has a lot of significance. The white-colored structure is approximately 5 km away.
Things to do know before visiting the Hall of Fame
- You will have to be very careful in following the rules and regulations at the attractions.
- Do not click any pictures without taking permission, you can ask the personnel at the ticketing counter for things.
- It is better if you buy souvenirs from the shop inside the premises.
- Do not disrespect anything or anyone while you are at the premises.