If you were to read this blog a few years ago, the entire Leh Ladakh region would have been an offbeat destination for you. But lately, people have started exploring the farthest corners of the world. The same happened with Leh Ladakh roughly a decade ago. People started exploring the unexplored regions of the union territory and that is the reason why you have just a handful of places that can be considered under the list of “hidden places to visit in Leh Ladakh.”
The entire Leh-Ladakh region is an absolutely eye-catching destination where avid bikers, adventure junkies, and nature lovers visit. But after uncovering the gems of Leh Ladakh, even young honeymooners plan their trips to this amazing place.
Here are some hidden places to visit in Leh Ladakh.
- This is an amazing gateway to one of the finest attractions of Leh Ladakh which is Tso Moriri.
- Rumtse has a lot of astonishing sights, majorly having multicolored rugged mountains.
- You can take a trek to Tso Moriri enjoying the view of Rumtse which will be thrilling at every moment.
- This amazing destination lies in the Rupshu Valley having barren mountains on one side and lush green mountains on the other.
- While you visit here, do not miss out on visiting an important attraction of the place which is the Rumste monastery.
- You can talk to the locals and enjoy some time around the place.
- During your visit, enjoy the beautiful sights and explore the fauna of the region.
- From ducks to marmots, there are several species that can be found here.
- There are some accommodation options in and around Rumtse.
- So, this can be your sweet spot, isn’t it? Making it a wonderful hidden place to visit in Leh Ladakh.
- Although the entire Ladakh is dotted with enchanting places, when it comes to hidden gems, UleyTokpo is one name that will always pop up in front of you.
- If you are looking for a place that gives you some time away from the city hustle and serenity, then this might serve as the perfect location for you.
- You can enjoy staying for a night at the campsite located on the banks of the river Indus.
- From cottages to tents, there are multiple options available for the visitors.
- The offbeat destination of UleyTokpo fits the list of hidden gems in Leh Ladakh.
- During your visit, you can also visit the village which is the only settlement around here which is located at approximately 10,000 ft above sea level.
- Alchi Choskor Monastery, Alchi Monastery, and Likir Monastery are some nearby attractions.
- The locals refer to this village as “Jannat” of Leh Ladakh and it stands to its name 100%.
- Nimoo is also known as Nimu and is approximately 18 km from Magnetic Hills.
- The village stands at the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar rivers bringing in more greenery and beauty.
- If you want to enjoy river rafting, then this place is an absolute stunner. Do try the fun activity here.
- Many people know about this place but they overlook it for the nearby places and yes, don’t make the same mistake.
- Sumur is another village that has gained a lot of traction in the past few years and is still considered as one of the lesser-explored places in the Nubra Valley.
- Sumur is well-known for Samstangling Gompa which is amongst the popular attractions of Leh Ladakh.
- The monastery boasts its intriguing wall painting and multiple fabrics depicting religious symbols and signs.
- Sumur is an excellent place for adventure junkies too, especially mountaineers. There are trails that these people can enjoy.
- There are a decent number of accommodations that are available here.
- This is another village that is comparatively an offbeat destination located in the Nubra Valley.
- The lack of visitors has kept this village pristine and beautiful in the lap of nature.
- Situated on the banks of Shyok River, Turtuk is also the gateway to Siachen Base Camp which is also the last village that can be visited on this route.
- Turtuk is well-known for its beauty but there is another thing that draws people here and that is the apricots.
- While you visit the village, enjoy having delicious food here.
- You will get a hint of Balti Culture amongst the people of this village.
- Another pristine and beautiful destination that has been out of the radar of many visitors.
- Falls in the Changthang region of Ladakh, Hanle makes for a serene place offering enchanting landscapes.
- The popular attraction of Hanle includes the Indian Astronomical Observatory which also happens to be the highest observatory in the world.
- While you visit here; peace, excellence, captivating sights, and beauty will be welcoming you.
- The Hanle Monastery is another attraction of the village offering a beautiful view of the surroundings. It is also home to approximately 1000 individuals.
- Right from the moment you enter Basgo, there are ruins everywhere which are why this village is profoundly known as an architectural ruin.
- Basgo is approximately 36 km away from Leh city and can be visited by hiring a cab or a bus.
- If you are creating a list of unexplored places in Leh Ladakh, then Basgo is a must-visit place.
- Accessing this beautiful place is not going to be a big problem for you, in fact when you do visit here, it will be a delight to be here.
- It offers a delight to history buffs as you get to know more about the past of Ladakh.
- Holding a lot of importance in the culture, history, and tradition of Ladakh, this place gets its name in the Ladakh Chronicles too.
- There are some Gompas and historical ruins dotted throughout the village and it also preserves original murals of the walls.
There might have a few more inclusions but with thousands of visitors thronging the valleys of Leh Ladakh have bottlenecked the number of options. But while you visit the land of high passes, ensure not to miss out on these amazing places.