Whenever we talk about Ladakh, we generally speak about the natural beauty of the vistas or the adventure it has on offer for the visitors. Then we also talk about the local food that can be savored in the union territory. But looking one step ahead of all this, you can see so many souvenirs that can be bought, isn’t it? There are quite a few places for people who wish to go shopping in Ladakh.
From the general shopping items to cultural products; shopping in Leh is not only exciting but engaging too. And with shopping, we do not mean buying flags for your car or bike. There are so many amusing things that can be bought in Leh Ladakh. So, have a look at the article to know the best places for shopping in Leh Ladakh.
8 Famous Places For Shopping In Ladakh
Before you decide what you need to buy, it is important to spend time at the right shopping place in Leh Ladakh. Given below is the list of places/ bazaars where you can head to satiate your shopping hunger.
1. Leh Main Bazaar
- This is one of the most extensive, best, and ancient markets that dates back to the 15th century. During the time of King Singe Namgyal.
- Leh Main Bazaar is also one of the most important and finest attractions of Leh City that is located in the central region.
- There are multiple shops where you can go and buy things. Here you will find everything right from clothes to jewelry; groceries to local street food as well.
- The stores and stalls are arranged in a very fancy style that intrigues people to buy things.
- The market remains busy throughout the day till evening and it is vibrant and colorful too.
- The best things and most preferred things to buy from Leh Main Bazaar include gems, hats, shawls, and food items.
2. Ladakh Art Palace
- If you have an interest in uniquely designed traditional items, then Ladakh Art Palace is one of the best places to visit for you.
- Buying any ancient designed jewelry will also be available here and you can have a great experience at the palace. It feels like visiting a museum.
- The place also has a very good collection of Pashmina.
- The locals will highly recommend this place and the palace has all of it that you need.
3. Zanskar Arts
- Zanskar Arts is also known to be the best place to buy pashmina shawls. Therefore if you are visiting Leh, do not forget to visit Zanskar Arts. s
- This market also boasts options in Pashmina Shawls and Ladakhi handicrafts.
- The shop is particularly loved by a lot of people because it is a value for money place and has a huge collection of Kashmiri handicrafts.
- The art pieces and silver jewelry are also good options to buy here. ‘
- There are affordable overcoats made out of silk fabric.
- Zanskar Arts has high-quality products at affordable prices and a great collection is what amuses the people.
4. Ladakh Apricot Store
- It is also known as Ladag Apricot Store which is located in the Leh market itself.
- This is a 10 years old store where you can get the best apricot jam.
- The flavorsome jam and the variety at a highly-affordable price are what attract people to the store.
- The jams or syrups available in the store are unadulterated and are offered at superior prices.
5. Tibetan Market
- Looking for warm clothes at affordable prices? Tibetan Market is the right place for you to go.
- From shawls to handicrafts, to local food items; Tibetan Market has everything to offer.
- There would be several local sellers who would be selling fruits and vegetables.
- The prices of the products are highly affordable and you will have a lot of options too.
- If you are looking for the best buddha flags, chants, and ornaments- this market is the best place to visit.
6. Women’s Alliance of Ladakh Shopping Hub
- This is the only shopping place that is completely managed by women.
- This hub helps in making Ladakhi women financially strong by providing them with work.
- There is a range of products that you can buy from here.
- From beautifully designed Pashmina shawls to day-to-day usable items. You can check it all while visiting here.
7. Himalayan shawl Shops In Leh
- There is no other shop in Leh that has more options than the one we have here.
- Not only does this shop offer a superior collection but so much more than that.
- You get competitive pricing and intriguing designs.
8. Moti Market
- This market shows how fashionable the people of Ladakh are. It offers an insight into Ladakhi wear and so much more.
- Though this market is more popular for woolen clothes, there are other things as well that make it a good option to visit.
- This market is an amazing place to visit if you do not want to spend a lot of money.
Top 5 Things To Buy In Ladakh
Every city in the world is popular for some of the other things. There is at least one such thing that you cannot get better, anywhere else. Ladakh is also a leading tourist destination in India. If you are confused as to what should be bought in Ladakh, there are multiple things that can be bought here. Listed below are the top-notch items that can be bought in Ladakh.
- Apricot Jam
- Kashmiri rugs and carpets
- Pashmina Shawls And Woolens
- Silver and Stone Jewelry
- Tibetan Handicrafts
- Traditional Clothes
Best Tips for Shopping in Ladakh
- Make sure you bargain a little with the shopkeeper to get the best price.
- Explore the entire market before buying something. You never know there might be another shop where you can get a better deal or product.