Nicknamed as the “quaint hill town” in Uttarakhand- Lansdowne is a wonderful destination of the state. Situated roughly 250 km from Delhi in the Pauri Garhwal region- Lansdowne is extensively visited by adventurers, nature lovers, families, and even couples. The region is covered by pine and oak forests and has colonial structures spread throughout.
See Also: Best time to visit Lansdowne
Lansdowne is known to be a paradise for casual hikers, adventurers, explorers, and bird watchers; to say the least.
If you are looking for places to visit in Lansdowne then here is a list for you.
1. Bhulla Taal
- Bhulla Taal is located in the Cantt. area of Lansdowne is approximately 2 km from the main market of the hill station.
- The lake is surrounded by Banj and oak forest making it a splendid place for casual trekkers and nature lovers.
- Visitors can enjoy boating at Bhulla Taal which will cost them 150 INR per person.
- People who wish to visit the lake can do that between 10 am and 5 pm.
- There is a treehouse at the garden side where kids can enjoy their time.
- There is a bridge over the lake so that people can stand on the bridge to click some amazing pictures.
- The lake is very serene and beautiful, serving as a brilliant spot for a picnic.
2. Tip in Top Point
- Tip in top point is a wonderful place at this hill station to enjoy the splendid view of the valley.
- It is a peaceful place where many people visit in the morning to enjoy the sunrise view.
- You will have to pay 20 INR at the check-in station to the Army Officials because that’s a small amount required for the maintenance of the viewpoint.
- You don’t have to worry about anything because parking and food stalls are available here.
On clear days, you get to see the mountain ranges in front of you. Clicking pictures of the amusing surroundings is exceptional. You will love it all!
3. Garhwali Museum
- Garhwali museum is another very important attraction in Lansdowne that is visited by a lot of people every year.
- It is not only well-built but very well maintained as well.
- If you want to enjoy everything at this place, keep at least a couple of hours for this place.
- The entry ticket costs 20 INR per person.
- The museum shows a wide range of weapons that were used in various wars. There are majorly guns, uniforms, and pictures of Garhwal’s brave fighters.
- This place has a different aura that would intrigue patriotism in your heart and veins.
Garhwali museum is simply a must-visit attraction in Lansdowne.
4. St. Mary Church
- The St. Mary church is a very old building having colonial-style architecture. But it still is a very strong and popular attraction of the hill station.
- St. Mary church is located in the heart of the valley approximately 2 km from the main market of Lansdowne.
- The church is a mere 500 m from Tip n Top viewpoint. You can visit both these places at once.
- St. Mary church is a quaint and serene monument from the inside where you will see people worshipping the Lord and so can you.
- There is a board on the entrance of the church where you will find the entire history of the building.
- There is a food joint near the church where you can go and munch on a few snacks.
5. Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev temple is located in the serene areas of Lansdowne and is an amazing place to visit for devotees and nature lovers.
- It is best to visit during the off-season which is the winter season.
- The entire route that you cover to reach the temple is absolutely breathtaking and you will love it a lot.
- There are a few good resorts roughly 20 km from the temple. So, if you are planning to spend a night or two amidst the beautiful environment.
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev temple turns out to be an amazing attraction of Lansdowne away from the concrete jungle. It is peaceful, refreshing, and positive here.
6. Tiffin Top
- If you are an avid explorer, Tiffin top is going to be an amusement to you.
- The best time to visit here is during the sunrise, it is simply breathtaking.
- It is close to the Tip n Top viewpoint but the angle and view from here are different. What remains the same is the view of the Himalayan mountain range.
- People coming from cities find this place as a gem where they spend hours and hours.
- Couples can also enjoy clicking pictures and spending some quality time with their partner.
7. Bheem Pakora
- Bheem pakora is an interesting place where people can come to spend some quality time.
- Here there are two boulders one on another. You can shake the rock but not move it. Moreover, it is better not to even try it.
- You can take a walk from the main market and reach here because Bheem pakora is approximately 3 km away.
- The peaceful surrounding and the forest allow people to enjoy some photo sessions here.
8. Durga Devi Mandir
- The temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga and devotees from all around the place come here to offer their prayers.
- The locals have a special place for this temple in their hearts and a lot of belief too.
- The temple is roughly 4 km from the main bazaar down the hill. It feels like the temple was built on a gorge. But there is a river flowing by and you can spend some time sitting on the banks.
- The temple is surrounded by forest and wrapped in peace.
9. Santoshi Mata mandir
- Santoshi Mata mandir is located in the Bonda region of Lansdowne and is a very important place to visit for devotees and other visitors.
- You can attend the aarti and the Bhandara too.
- The temple is wrapped with tranquillity and natural beauty.
- Santoshi Mata mandir is small but has great architecture. Offer your prayers to the Lord and spend some time here to relax your mind and soul.
The list of attractions keeps increasing when explorers keep visiting Lansdowne. If you too are visiting the hill station, keep in mind that there is so much more than natural beauty, valley, mountains, and jungle. The above-given places are some of the names on the list. Do not miss out on visiting these places at least.