Whenever we read, write, or think about a trip to the Maldives, we naturally think about couples and families visiting here. Isn’t that true? Might not be the same for everyone but yes, most people have the tendency to think the same. So, in that regard, what about the singles who wish to visit here? Will they have no joy if they travel solo? Or where should they go to have fun? All of it is what people think when and if they plan a solo trip to the Maldives.
But we believe this isn’t true and singles too have the same amount of enjoyment and amusement as couples or family movers. In fact, with all the liberty they get, visiting and enjoying multiple places is what can be done during their trip to the Maldives. But then there is another question that arises. What are the best places or resorts in the Maldives for singles?
Don’t worry, we have got that covered for you. Here are some of the best resorts in Maldives that you would want to stay at while being in the island country on your next trip.
List of best resorts for singles in Maldives where you can plan on visiting
1. Baros Maldives Luxury Resort
- Baros Maldives Luxury Resort is a wonderful staying option for singles visiting this beach destination of the world.
- This resort is located in the Republic of Maldives in the heart of the Indian Ocean.
Baros is situated in the same Atoll as that of the international airport which is why there is an added benefit of convenience to the visitors if they prefer staying here.
- It takes approximately 25 minutes from a speedboat to reach here from the international airport.
- Baros resort is a 5-star property where you can access the royal lifestyle and a plethora of activities at the blink of your eyes. Starting from the relaxing lounges to in-house gyms and boutiques- you get everything that you want.
- You can also enjoy the nightlife and several other activities like snorkeling at this resort.
The resort arranges for food that you want to eat across multiple cuisines.
2. Meeru Island Resort
- Well, if you don’t want to stay at the Baros, then we have another exquisite option open for you and that’s
- Meeru island resort. Don’t worry, it is another luxury resort where you can have a good time even if you are going alone.
- The resort is located in Meeru Island Resort & Spa, North Male’ Atoll, Republic Of Maldives
The resort is an amazing place for solo nature lovers because it is surrounded by white sand beaches and lagoons.
- You can take a speed boat to this resort from the Velana International Airport in just 55 minutes.
- The property has 77 Jacuzzi Water Villas, 77 Beach Villas, 20 Garden Rooms, and 83 Jacuzzi Beach Villas. A huge range of options are available for the visitors and they can pick according to their interests or likings.
- Guests get to enjoy rental cycles to explore the entire island. And the charges for that are highly affordable.
- It feels as if you are renting a bike from somewhere in the country.
- There is a children’s playground, fitness room, gym, workout room, ocean view room, and much more.
3. Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
- Gili Lankanfushi Maldives is another 5-starred property in the Maldives and an exquisite place to stay for solo travelers.
- The resort is located in Lankanfushi Island, North Malé Atoll Republic of Maldives, Maldives, and is quite easily accessible from the international airport of the Maldives.
- If we were to trust the survey and voting system of “The Tripadvisor”; this resort is voted the best in the island country in 2018.
- Another interesting and different thing about this resort is that you get an island map here which helps in marking all the important points and visiting them, an easy task.
- There is a wide range of options that are available at the resort including the private reserve, villa suite that too with and without a pool, residence with or without a pool, Crusoe lagoon residence, and so much more.
- The water villas are beautifully made and maintained in the resort.
- The solo guests get to enjoy the view with a host of services including 120 minutes massage with spa juices.
- And that’s not it, you get three types of wellness areas. First is the Meera Spa, then Gili Wellness Journey, and then comes the Practitioners. Pay your visit at these places to enjoy the luxuries of the resort.
- You can also enjoy your time at the wine cellar club getting clicked.
4. Kandolhu Maldives
- A small and quaint resort for travelers and creative solo visitors. Here you can sit for as long as you want in the serene environment.
- The resort is located in Kandolhudhoo, North Ari Atoll, Maldives. It would be easier for you to spot with this map location.
- The resort is approximately 70 km away from the international airport for the Maldives. But it only takes about 25 minutes to reach here by a seaplane.
- But that doesn’t reflect what this resort is and has on offer. It is a 5-star property and a beautiful one too.
- You also get quite an extensive number of options here at this resort. There are 30 well-appointed villas that start from beach villas and go up to the luxurious and spacious ocean pool villas.
- There are other phenomenal facilities and luxuries that are offered by the resort to all their visitors.
- The food here is excellent and you get to enjoy various cuisines over several different styles.
- You can go snorkeling and coral reef spotting. At times guests too get a sight of sharks.
5. Velassaru Maldives
- The property is one of the best in all of Maldives and you will get a great experience throughout your stay.
- The food is absolutely amazing, especially sushi.
- Go to the bar and enjoy your time.
The Maldives might be popular for honeymoon and family vacations but a huge number of solo travelers also visit here each year. Make sure while visiting these islands, you do stay at any of these resorts. Solo travelers often find their peace during these stays.
See Also: Small Islands in Maldives