Visiting the Maldives is a great experience for everyone. If you are looking for those islands which will give you a great time, then the list is given below. Not only will you get amazing food to eat, water activities to enjoy but a lot more than that. So, let’s get started!
Here is a list of the Biggest 5 Islands in Maldives
1. Maafushi Island
- One of the biggest islands of Maldives is Maafushi Island which is 12 km long and 265 km wide.
- It offers a range of property options to stay.
- It is approximately 26 km from Male International Airport. Also, the island is easily accessible from Male.
- You can enjoy all the luxuries and water activities offered by the Maldives.
2. Hithadhoo Island
- Hithadhoo Island covers an approximation of 5.4 sq. km. which makes it the second-largest island in the Maldives.
- The nearest airstrip to the island is Gan International Airport which is approximately 13 km away. You can easily access the island from the airport.
- The resorts on this island offer a range of activities to visitors.
3. Gan Island
- Gan is the largest island in the Maldives and it stretches to 14 km in length and 295 km in width.
- It is approximately 258 km away from Male.
- The nearest airport to the island is Male International and people take seaplanes to the island.
4. Dhidhdhoo Island
- The island is 2 km in length and 0.72 km in width but is equipped with a range of water activities that are offered in the country.
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport is the nearest to the island and it is approximately 17 km from the island. You will face no problems in commuting.
5. Naifaru Island
- 0.56 sq. km is the total area covered by Naifaru Island.
- Dharavandhoo Airport which is approximately 38 km away from the island is the nearest.
- You can take a speedboat to reach the island quickly.
- The island is full of amazing activities and the beautiful view throughout the place is normal.
These are some of the best and biggest islands of Maldives and you are sure to have an amazing time here. Make sure you don’t miss out on the good food and luxuries being offered.
See Also: Best Island in Maldives