When Is The Best Time To Visit Manali?
The best time to visit Manali is between March and July during the summer season. This is also the peak season when most families and travelers plan to visit here. They enjoy their time while the other states touch 40-degrees- Celsius on the thermometer.
Why March to July are the best months to visit Manali?
The best time to visit Manali is from March to July because this is the time when you get to enjoy the best of Manali and that too at its best. Here are some points to concrete this statement:
- It is cooler in Manali than in the rest of the Indian cities that experience warm weather.
- A lot of amazing activities like paragliding and rafting can be enjoyed during these months.
- With a clear sky and pleasant weather, exploring the city and enjoying activities is comfortable.
- If you are an avid adventurer trekking, hiking, and other activities can be enjoyed during these months.
Best Season to visit Manali
The best season to visit Manali is during summer. As we have already mentioned above, it is the right time to enjoy the cool temperature of Manali. And most people plan their trips during this time.
Why Summer is the Best Season to go to Manali?
Manali is one of the best places to visit in India and most people come here during the summers because of a lot of things. Here are some of them:
- To enjoy cool and pleasant weather during scorching heat in other places.
- To spend some quality and romantic time with your partner.
- Enjoy the adventure activities offered by Manali like trekking, camping, as well as rafting.
- Shopping and enjoying different delicacies.
- Heading towards the Rohtang pass which cannot be done during the other months due to heavy snowfall.
- Visiting the amazing Bhrigu Lake.
Get ideas for the best time to go
Undoubtedly, Manali has some of the best places to visit and endless amazing things to do. If you are planning on visiting Manali here are some important things to keep in mind. It will help in improving your overall experience to the destination. Make sure you understand this better.
|Best Time to Go Manali||Month|
|Peak Season||April to June & January to March|
|Off-Season||August to November|
Now you have vital information about the peak season and off-season and other related information. You can now decide the time you wish to visit depending on these factors.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Manali in respective months.
There are people who wish to visit Manali during the peak season which is summer and there are off-season goers. There are different advantages of visiting in different seasons. Be it the number of activities, crowd, prices, and other things, everything changes.
Best time to visit Manali in Summer
If you are talking about the best time to visit Manali in Summer, then it can be either May or June. There are a lot of reasons why this happens or we can say, why visiting Manali in May and June is known to be ideal. Here are some points to back up this statement.
- You get the melange of green mountains and distant snow-capped peaks at once.
- This is the peak time when summer vacations for your kid’s start and family movers plan to beat the heat.
- If you are planning to visit Manali with a toddler, then also May and June is the best time to visit for you because of the comfortable temperature.
- The temperature majorly remains between 10°C- and 25°C which is comfortably warm.
Best time to visit Manali in Winter
December to January is the best time to visit Manali in winter. There are people who plan to visit Manali during winter. And there is no harm because if you do that, there will be snowfall, snow activities, and so much more to enjoy. But you will have to layer yourself throughout the day and night. Nevertheless, honeymooners visit Manali during winters and even solo travelers (adventure souls) do the same.
- The temperature can go down to -1°C which is very cold. You will have to keep enough warm clothes in your backpack.
- You can enjoy snow sports in Manali and even at Solang Valley.
- You can also take a drive to Sissu across Atal Tunnel and play in the fresh snow at that point.
Best time to visit Manali for snowfall
If you want to visit Manali for snowfall then the best time is from 15th December to February. For the entire month of January, you will get to see snow now and then. But keep in mind that it will be dead cold out there and you should be having enough warm clothes to layer yourself.
Note: Also, if you are visiting Manali during the New Year, be prepared for a good crowd.
Best time to go to Manali for snow
If you want to see snow you can visit Manali anytime in the year. The reason is, that you can take a quick drive to Solang or Rohtang where snow is a common thing even in the hottest months of the year. Rohtang La Pass is at a higher altitude than Manali and you can enjoy snow there any time of the year.
Best time to visit Manali for honeymoon
The best time to visit Manali for a honeymoon is between December to March. There are some good reasons why you should visit Manali during winters for your honeymoon.
- Firstly, you will have to face a massive crowd in the summer season.
- It is advised not to visit here during monsoon.
- Winter months are a bit quieter than others and you can enjoy some quality time with your partner.
- During the winter month, it’s the love birds or adventurers who travel to Manali so finding a good hotel room will also be easier.
Best time to visit Manali with family
Not all the family movers love to see the snow or snowfall. Most families can be spotted in Manali between March and June due to several reasons.
Here are some of them:
- These are the months when the temperature doesn’t go high or low and it remains pleasant day as well as night.
- Monsoon in Manali starts in July so you will have no worries about rain, landslides, or any other things related to this.
- If you are an adventure traveler, these months would be apt for you too. All the adventure sports from trekking, hiking, river rafting, to camping can be enjoyed during these months with a lot of zeal.
- Between March and June, Manali becomes an ideal destination to visit with family, friends, and your partner.
- People plan their trips from Delhi to Manali, from Chandigarh, Jaipur, and other nearby places.
- Many people also plan of spending weekends in Manali which is another joyous thing for them.
FAQs for the best time to visit Manali
What is the best time to visit Kullu Manali?
The best time to visit Kullu Manali is between March and July. Summer offers the most things.
Can I visit Manali in July?
Yes, you can visit Manali during July before the monsoons arrive. It is better to not visit here during the monsoon because of many landslide-prone regions.
Is June a good time to visit Manali?
The maximum crowd gets drawn to Manali during the month of June. That’s because, in India, this month is known to be the hottest. And school kids get their summer vacations. So you can plan your trip with the kids to Manali in June.