When Is The Best Time To Visit Mussoorie in 2023?
If you want to witness the beauty of this hill station then the best time to visit Mussoorie is from March to June. When it’s the summer season for the entire country. Being a hill station the temperature here remains cool. You will see a lot of people visiting here during these months because they wish to beat the heat. Queen of hills is one of the nearest hill stations to Dehradun and Delhi and a lot of nearby places.
Why March to June are the best months to visit Mussoorie?
A lot of people don’t understand the reason why people always consider March to June as the best time to visit Mussoorie. If you are one of them, here are some things to know.
- The temperature remains cool during these months because it is a hill station.
- Mussoorie is at its best during these months.
- Exploring the entire hill station becomes comfortable during these months.
- People love spending their summer vacation at Mussoorie.
Best Season to visit Mussoorie
The best season to visit Mussoorie is the summer season and most people head to the hill station during this time.
Why Summer is best Season to go Mussoorie?
- Give you a chance to beat the heat.
- It allows people to witness the beauty of the hill station at its best.
- Exploring Dehradun- “the city of love” is also a good option during this time.
- There are fairs and festivals that are celebrated during these months.
Best time to visit Mussoorie in winter
The best time to visit Mussoorie in winter is between November and February. Although this is known to be the shoulder season, still you will see many tourists strolling through the streets. Here is what you can expect if you are planning on the same:
- The temperature remains between 4°C and 21°C. There can be days when the temperature might be a bit higher.
- Medium to high snowfall at many places with a mild cold can be also enjoyed when in Mussoorie during the winter.
- You can go on trekking, hiking, sightseeing, and other activities during your trip here.
- If you want a rejuvenating trip during winters, then this place is surely going to be the best one for you.
- Go skiing at the Mussoorie Valley but for that, you will have to learn a few lessons.
Get ideas for the best time to go
If you were to visit Mussoorie, most people would advise you to go during the summer season. This also happens to be the peak season for this visit. But there are a lot of things you need to factor in and the information below will help you in making better decisions.
|Peak Season to visit Mussoorie||Off Season to visit Mussoorie|
|April–July & February||August –September, November|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
Though you get a good crowd and enjoyable time between April and July that doesn’t mean you cannot visit here during the off-season. Except for the monsoons, you will see quite a good number of people here.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Mussoorie in respective months.
For every month, you will be getting a different picture of Mussoorie. The weather changes every few days and that’s the reason why travelers call Dehradun and Mussoorie as the cities with “England’s climate.”
Best time to visit Mussoorie for honeymoon
The best time to visit Mussoorie for a honeymoon is between December and March which is also known to be the “love month for love birds” in the Queen of Hills. Here is what to expect:
- One can take a romantic trek or hike to the nearby valley.
- Parks would be vacant and you would find other newly married couples having a good time too.
- Take your partner for a skiing session and other activities; whatever they love and feel comfortable doing.
- Taste the delicious cuisines that are available on Mall Road. You will get multiple shops offering multiple food items each of them is different from one others.
- Enjoy the snowfall with your partner and play with the soft snowballs.
Best time to visit Mussoorie to see snowfall
The best time to see snowfall in Mussoorie is between December and February. There are feeble chances of such a thing in December though. But towards New Year’s eve or after Christmas, there are high chances of this hill station receiving snowfall.
Many travelers especially from nearby places plan their trip to Mussoorie during these months. They get a refreshing time at the hill station with a lot of amusement.
Best time to visit Mussoorie for snow
If you are looking for snow, you will have to be there between December and March. From March it starts getting warm and the snow starts to melt away. Make sure you keep warm clothes in your backpack for staying warm throughout the trip.
Don’t misjudge that there will be less crowd at the hill station during these months. There will be enough people to make the streets busy. And to top it all, the students from nearby colleges in Dehradun, Rishikesh, and Haridwar also plan weekend trips here.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Mussoorie
Is October a good time to visit Mussoorie?
Yes, October is the time when the offset of monsoon kicks in and the sun is delicious during this time. You get a better traveling experience.
Is August a good time to visit Mussoorie?
During summers a lot of people visit Mussoorie because it is a hill station. But the crowd thins away when the monsoons arrive. August is the peak monsoon month. But that doesn’t mean, people, don’t visit here.
Is January Best time to visit Mussoorie?
Yes, January is the best time to visit Mussoorie because it is quite comfortable and not insanely cold here. With a sweater and a jacket, you start feeling comfortable here, and exploring becomes so much better.
Read Also: Best Places to visit in Mussoorie | Best time to visit Nainital | Best time to visit Dalhousie
Best time to visit Shimla | Best time to visit Dehradun | Best time to visit Almora