When Is The Best Time To Visit Nainital?
The best time to visit Nainital is from March to June and this is because it is a hill station and people love to visit here to break the monotony. It also allows people to enjoy cool weather during the scorching summer.
Why March to June are the best months to visit Nainital?
From March to June is the best month to visit Nainital because of the cool and pleasant weather that this place offers to the visitors. Apart from this, Nainital is a great place to visit for adventure enthusiasts. Here is why you should visit Nainital during the summer season:
- It gives you a chance to enjoy cool and pleasant weather when other states experience hot temperatures.
- The sky is clear and one can enjoy sports like paragliding, boating, and others.
- You can also visit the Corbett National Park and other wildlife reserves during this time.
- Exploring the hill station and enjoying adrenaline-rushing activities like trekking can be done without any problem.
- You won’t have to face problems like landslides and roadblocks during these months.
Best Season to visit Nainital
The best season to visit Nainital is the summer season. There are a lot of activities that a person can enjoy during this time.
Why Summer is the Best Season to go to Nainital?
The summer season offers a lot of amazing things that not only give a chance to the visitors to enjoy the complete hill station but also give them a chance to negate a lot of things. Here are some points that concrete why the summer season is the best to visit Nainital.
- You can go out trekking during this season.
- The temperature remains cool and comfortable throughout the day and even at night.
- You can enjoy the popular Phool Dei festival this month.
- Visit the caves, lakes, temples, and other attractions without any hiccups.
Get ideas for the best time to go
If you are planning on visiting Nainital then here are a few important things that you should keep in mind. While planning your trip these key information will help you with all the elements. While you read all this information, it is better to understand it and make a note somewhere.
|Peak Season to visit Nainital||Off-Season to visit Nainital|
|March to June||July to September|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher Prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||No such thing|
This information is just to make you understand how both seasons bring differences in the various sections. You can pick either the peak or the off-season during these months but with that, there would be certain differences. Once you decide on which month is better you can enjoy the time as you would have expected.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Nainital in respective months.
Tourists prefer visiting Nainital throughout the year and it completely depends on them which one is their perfect month. If you decide to visit here, you can pick any month but the above-given information should be kept under consideration.
This is the perfect time to visit Nainital because you get a chance to visit all the places without any interruption. You can explore the hill station and enjoy the cool weather.
A lot of people do visit here during this season but the crowd thins during the monsoon season. The rainfall makes it a bit uncomfortable to visit places during these months. There are chances when you might also find road blocks due to landslides.
The winter season is also a good time to visit Nainital, especially for those who are fond of snowfall. There are a lot of amazing activities as well that can be enjoyed during this time.
Best time to visit Nainital for honeymoon
The best time to visit Nainital for a honeymoon is between March and June because of a lot of reasons. And they are mentioned below:
- Nainital showcases its ethereal beauty during these months and the love birds enjoy such a setup.
- Honeymooners can comfortably visit different places around and click pictures.
- Love birds would not have to wear layers of clothes and can freely move around wearing light woolen clothes or a jacket.
- All the highlights of Nainital would be open for visitors.
- If you wish, you can also head for the Corbett National Park to explore the flora and fauna there.
- The couple can easily enjoy their time indulging in multiple activities throughout the day.
- You can also enjoy some adventure sports like paragliding, boating, and visiting temples.
Best time to visit Nainital for snowfall
The last week of December to February is the best time to visit Nainital for snowfall. Also, keep in mind that Nainital is a subtropical highland and it receives snowfall at an interval of 2 to 3 years. Which means every 2 to 3 years. So, you don’t get snowfall every year which means you will have to keep a tab on the weather report before leaving for Nainital.
When you visit here during snowfall, the entire place is a completely different thing altogether. The lakes and higher altitude regions get more snow and they freeze. It is one of those good times. But then again, make sure to visit here during the winter season after watching the weather report.
Best time to visit Nainital for snow
The best time to visit Nainital for snow is between the December and February months of the year. After these months, it starts to get a bit warm here and the snow starts to melt away. If you visit here any time in the year except for the ones already mentioned, you will have to just use the binoculars to see the distant snow because you won’t get it in the town/ hill station. As we have already mentioned above that the hill station is a subtropical highland and it receives snowfall bi-yearly, you will have to go to higher altitudes. Also if you visit here during the year of snowfall, you can find enough snow to play with.
There are several snow-capped mountains at a distance and you can have a look at them from a viewpoint. Also, being a highland, there are no nearby places where you’d get snow.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Nainital
Is October a good time to visit Nainital?
October to February is also a good time to visit Nainital for those who love snowfall and the winter season.
Is Nainital worth visiting?
Yes, Nainital is definitely worth your visit because it is one of the finest places in India. A hill station and amazing destination for honeymooners- Nainital has a lot to offer.