Nestled in the tranquil environment and natural beauty- Ranikhet is a sublime hill station in Uttarakhand. The best time to visit Ranikhet is between March and June, which accounts for the summer season in the country.
Where several people look at Ranikhet as a hill station, adventure junkies think of the activities it has on offer. Nevertheless, Ranikhet is one of those destinations in the country where people can enjoy it in multiple ways be it the natural beauty, activities, or anything else.
If you are planning on visiting here, do check out these amazing attractions in Ranikhet.
1. Chaubatia Apple Garden
- Chaubatia Apple Garden is an exceptional place for nature lovers and families visiting the hill station town.
- This is a beautiful place with a variety of flowers, shrubs, herbs, apricot and so much more.
- The garden can be visited between 9 am and 5 pm, from Monday to Sunday.
- This amazing attraction is approximately 7 km away from the city center of Ranikhet. Visitors enjoy their time here as they explore the entire garden for 2 hours.
2. Golf Ground Ranikhet
- A great attraction in Ranikhet that offers serenity and a peaceful environment to the visitors. One can explore the entire region on foot.
- The visiting hours and days of Golf Ground Ranikhet are 6:30 am to 6 pm and Monday to Sunday respectively.
- Golf Ground Ranikhet is also popular because it is Asia’s highest golf course which was built in 1920.
- It is daunting and picturesque with perfectly trimmed and textured grass all over the place.
- This is one of those attractions where you can enjoy hours and hours.
- It is located in the army Cantt. and comes under army management. People can play golf here but only after taking permission and paying the fees.
3. Haidakhan Babaji Temple
- Haidakhan Babaji Temple is a pilgrim site that most people visit on their trip to Ranikhet. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- The architecture of the temple is simply mesmerizing and worth visiting. The temple is surrounded by beautiful vistas and a strong positive and calming aura.
- The temple is located roughly 5 km from the center of the town and 1 hour is enough to explore the entire place and worship at the temple.
- This place is well-decorated with flowers, garlands and devotees throng the temple on Mahashivratri.
4. Ashiyana Park
- Ashiyana Park is a wonderful amusement park that is located in Ranikhet. It remains open from Wednesday to Monday between 10 am and 5 pm.
- The entry fee of the park is just 5 INR and the swings here are fun to ride. Young kids have a blast when they visit this place. Adults can take some time off while their kids play at the amusement park and they can simply take a walk or sit down and relax.
- There are two eateries at the entrance so you can eat some snacks from there.
5. Jhula Devi Temple
- Jhula Devi Temple can be visited every day between 6 am and 6 pm.
- It is believed that the temple is approximately 700 years old and the complex that now surrounds the temple was constructed in 1935.
- The temple is located 7 km from the city center in the Chaubatia Gardens.
- People hang bells in the vicinity and it is believed that Maa Jhula Devi has healing powers. There are many testimonies that say the same thing.
- Ranijheel is a man-made lake that was created to store water but now it has become a wonderful attraction for tourists.
- Entry to this attraction is free of cost but if you want to enjoy boating in the lake, you need to pay 40- 50 INR per person for a 30-minutes ride.
- This lake is located at an astonishing altitude of 7500 ft above sea level.
- The lake is surrounded by a serene forest where you can enjoy nature walks and some quality time with your family.
7. Bhalu Dam
- Bhalu Dam is open 7 days a week between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm.
- The dam is an attraction that draws a lot of visitors throughout the year.
- It is located in the Diholi region of Ranikhet and is visited by both adventure seekers and nature lovers.
- The best way to reach here is by taking an easy trek of 3 km from one side.
- Take a nice nature walk, sit for some time, enjoy the serenity, click some pictures and return. This is how you can best utilize your time here.
8. Mankameshwar Temple
- Located in the Airari region of Ranikhet, Mankameshwar Temple is another popular temple of Uttarakhand.
- It is located just half km from the Ranikhet bus station and you can explore the entire complex in just about 1 hour.
- You can visit the temple between 5 am – 12 pm and 4 pm – 9 pm, do not miss the aarti and prasad.
Don’t worry, although there are multiple places to visit in Ranikhet, we believe these would be enough for you to give a hang of this entire town and valley around. Owing to the amazing weather throughout the year, and such astonishing and attractive places to visit, Ranikhet serves a lot of visitors from different parts of the country. There is no denying the fact that a trip to Ranikhet will be something you would not want to miss out on. So, be it a family vacation, a trip with friends or partners, or a honeymoon trip- Ranikhet has everything to satiate your hunger.
See Also: Places to visit in Kausani | Places to visit in Almora | Places to visit in Mukteshwar
Places to visit in Nainital | Places to visit in Uttarakhand