Rishikesh is known as the “Yoga Capital of the World” and it stands true to its nickname. It is one of the most visited destinations in Uttarakhand. All kinds of travelers find a lot of interesting places and things to do in Rishikesh. If you are looking for a destination offering loads of amazing activities to enjoy then Rishikesh is an absolutely crazy place for you. Don’t miss to know these best places to visit in Rishikesh.
If thrill and adventure are what you want, then here are some amazing things to do in Rishikesh
1. River zipline – Zipline across the Ganges in Shivpuri
- River Zipline is the new love for people wanting to try flying fox. Although both these activities are one and the same thing, the fun gets across the roof in this one.
- The best time to enjoy this activity is throughout the year but people prefer enjoying this sport during the monsoon.
- The approximate cost for enjoying this activity depends on the service provider but it can be anywhere between 2000 INR to 5500 INR.
- To take up this activity you will have to simply meet the physical fitness level that is required.
- People should consult a doctor before indulging in this activity if they have ever suffered diabetes, any heart-related problems, or blood pressure problems.
- This is surely a top-notch activity to enjoy in Rishikesh across the Ganges (Shivpuri to be exact.)
2. River beach camping – Camp at riverside beaches in Atali
- If you want to enjoy river beach camping- Atali is the best spot for you. There are some amazing properties that allow the visitors to enjoy this activity.
- You get a mesmerizing view of the mountains because Rishikesh is located at the foothills of the Himalayas and a sense of beaches while staying at any property in Atali.
- The camps available here start from an economical level so that everyone can enjoy the chance of staying at a beach camp.
- The camp colonies here also include swiss camps that make staying a memorable proposition for couples (honeymoon couples as well.)
- The camping at Atali starts from 1300 per head for a night.
3. Ashram yoga – Join a guided yoga session at an ashram
- Being the yoga capital of the world, a lot of places are there where you can enjoy the calming experience of this activity.
- Yoga can be enjoyed at several ashrams throughout the city.
- People from across the globe visit here to enjoy the serene environment and learn the art of yoga in Rishikesh.
- Although there are no extra charges that are taken, except for the entry fee of the ashram, you can find ample spots where people are taught in the open. You can join them too.
- It helps in calming your mind and rejuvenating your body.
- People have also felt their inner peace being resurrected while they perform this activity. Try it yourself to know the benefits and differences.
4. Waterfall hikes – Trek to secluded waterfalls
- Explorers do find several places to enjoy and Rishikesh has an ample number of such places.
- If you are a hiking expert, you can find a number of waterfall hikes here.
- If you want to go on a secluded hike then Himshail is one of the finest places in Rishikesh. It is near Bhutnath Mahadev Temple.
- Neergarh Waterfall hike is another blissful activity to enjoy. Once you reach the fall it’s the view that adds to the overall activity.
5. Ganges kayaking – Kayak on serene waters in Tapovan
- There is no end to the excitement and offerings that Rishikesh has for travelers. One of the best things to do in Rishikesh is Kayaking in the holy river Ganga.
- You can paddle across the high currents in Tapovan and enjoy the relentless sport. Although Shivpuri is still opted over every other destination.
- If you want to enjoy this activity the best time is from September to June.
- The minimum age for the person taking up this activity should be 14 years and the weight should be between 35 kg and 100 kgs.
- The average cost of enjoying this sport at any place offering the sport is 2000 INR.
6. White-water rafting – Raft on advanced rapids in the Ganges
- Amongst all the water activities in Rishikesh or across the globe as a matter of fact; white-water rafting is one of the most thrilling ones.
- It is not only a higher, rougher, and thrilling part of rafting but has a lot of other adrenaline-rushing elements as well.
- People take this in groups and the minimum age of all the people should be 15 years.
- The weight requirement for enjoying the sport is 30-100 kgs per person.
- The average cost of this thrilling activity in Rishikesh is 1000 INR. It depends on service providers as to how much they charge.
7. Souvenir shopping – Buy Hindu figurines in Laxman Jhula
- Are you a shopaholic? Or do you just like collecting souvenirs from every destination you visit? If any of this is true, head straight to Laxman Jhula.
- Gole Market, Rishikesh Main Market, Laxman Jhula Market, Shyampur Haat Bazar, and Ram Jhula Market are the best places where you can go on a shopping spree.
- People buy a lot of things from these markets including spices, clothes, decoration items, woolen clothes, jewelry, and perfumes.
- The specialty of this market is jewelry and traditional apparel.
- You can also find a lot of shops selling identical items as that of the relics. It is a huge market and you will love shopping for things.
8. Beatles tour – Take a self-guided Beatles-themed tour
- Taking a tour of one of the most popular attractions in Rishikesh- The Beatles Ashram is also a must.
- People from across the globe, when they visit this ashram, they love the ambiance and aura in the atmosphere of the ashram.
- Indians have to pay 150 INR for entry and foreigners pay 600 INR for the same.
- There are several artifacts and wall paintings that visitors get mesmerized with. If you want to meditate- this place is absolutely a gem for you.
9. Riverside cafes – Eat global cuisine with river views
- Although there are several cafes across the city of Rishikesh, people love to enjoy the view from riverside cafes.
- Ellbee Ganga View, The 60’s Cafe, Little Buddha Cafe, and Bistro Nirvana are some amazing cafes that not only offer good food and view- but their inside ambiance and atmosphere are amazing too.
- The best thing about the cafes in Rishikesh is that they offer good fusion cuisines and yes not to forget the backdrop.
10. Cliff jumping – Leap off a cliff into the Ganges
- Cliff jumping is an exciting activity that’s offered in Rishikesh and a lot of people take this activity every year.
- There are several service providers that offer this activity and the average height from which this activity in Rishikesh is enjoyed is 20 ft.
- The best time to enjoy this activity is either during the summer season or between the months of February and May.
- The minimum age that is required to perform this activity is 14 years.
- The thrilling activity starts from 6 am which is dawn to 7 pm which is dusk.
- With gushing water, there are several amazing peaks that you are going to enjoy the view of the high mountains.
When talking about the thrilling things to do in Rishikesh, you will have a list that keeps going on and on. There are many places that you can visit and many amazing things that can be enjoyed in this city.
The above-given list is just a smaller version of the full list. But rest assured, if you try them out on your next visit, it will be a complete feel.