When Is The Best Time To Visit Tripura in 2022?
The best time to visit Tripura is between October and February when the temperature remains cool and the rainy season goes past. The freshness in the air and greenery throughout the state makes people go crazy with ecstasy. If you too want to enjoy the beauty of Tripura this is the right time to visit here. You should make sure that these are the months when you visit here because they will allow you to explore the state a bit better.
Why October to February is the best months to visit Tripura?
Arguably October to February is known to be the best month if you want to visit Tripura. Surely it is the time when you’ll see most people visiting here and a huge crowd in the entire state.
Here are some reasons why October to February are considered to be the best months to visit Tripura:
- One can explore all the important places around in the city between these months.
- October is the offset of monsoons and it gives the visitor a chance to make their trip a bit better.
- You can enjoy trekking and other adventure activities in these months.
- The temperature remains cool and pleasant.
Best Season to visit Tripura
According to the visitors, Tripura has a good climate throughout the year but the best season to visit here is the winters. Between the winter months, you get to enjoy the best of this state.
Why Winter is the best season to visit Tripura?
Tripura is not a hill station then why is winter known to be its best time? This is one of those things that a lot of people have in their heads, especially the adventurers. But not just this category, all of the people who wish to visit Tripura on their next trip should plan it in winter. Still not convinced? Here we have a few things that would help you in the same:
- There are multiple festivals (tribal festivals) that are celebrated during winters.
- You get a chance to explore the farthest corners because of lesser rain possibilities.
- You get to enjoy the local food of the state.
- Sightseeing is also better in winters as compared to any other season of the year.
Best time to visit Tripura in summer
The best time to visit Tripura in summer is between April and July. Eventually, this is the only time when it gets hot in the entire country, and that’s the only time when you will feel the heat in Tripura. Apart from these months either you will feed cool or cold months because of its location.
- There are a few small festivals that can be witnessed during these months. All you need to do is look for their dates before planning your trip.
- One of the best things about these months is that you can enjoy the sightseeing activity at its best.
- Explorers can have a great time enjoying the multiple trekking and hiking trails that are available in different parts of Tripura.
- April to July will also be the best ones for nature lovers because they can witness the real beauty of the green state of Tripura.
- Apart from the above points you also get to see a lot of travellers visiting here during these months to enjoy their time away from the hustle and bustle of the cities.
- Enjoy shopping from the local shops during these months on your trip. Savouring the delicious delicacies from the local shops is also an enjoyable thing to do here. Do not miss out on tasting the local food items or the specialty of Tripura.
- The conversation is also quite impressive and is always being developed for the best owing to the influx of such a huge number of tourists every year.
Get ideas for the best time to go
The peak season of Tripura is winter but that will not be a problem because this state is still offbeat. Most people prefer to visit the other states or cities around Tripura for some unobvious reasons. So there are no major peaks or off-seasons in the state. It highly depends on your choices.
|Peak Season to visit Tripura||Off-Season to visit Tripura|
|October to February||April to June|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
If you want some crowd and to know more people while traveling, you can prefer taking a trip to Tripura during the winter season which is also the peak season. But if you want to enjoy peace of your own then summers are the best for you.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Tripura in respective months.
Tripura is one of those places that is apt to visit throughout the year. But if you still want to choose then it can be the winter months. The temperature here remains comfortable and the offset of monsoons gives the visitors a great time.
FAQs for Best time to visit Tripura
Is Tripura open for tourists?
Tripura remains open for tourists throughout the year, but due to the pandemic, the state shut its border for tourists. It will resume its tourism from October 1 in 2022.
Is there snowfall in Tripura?
Tripura is one of the most enchanting places in India but if you wish to visit someplace for snowfall, then Tripura should not be considered.
Is Tripura hot or cold?
This is a very subjective question and it depends on the months when you are visiting Tripura. If you choose to visit here during the summer months then you might have to withstand a few days when the temperature goes too high.
But on the other hand, when you talk about the colder months, it never gets too cold in Tripura due to its location. The temperature remains comfortable and pleasing throughout these months and a couple of warm clothes would keep you warm throughout the day.
Obviously, both seasons have their own perks and demerits so choose wisely after weighing the benefits and other things of both seasons.
Can we visit Tripura in winter as well?
Yes, we can visit Tripura in winter as well because it is a great time for people who wish to indulge in multiple different activities. From an area of outdoor activities that would fill your nerves with thrill to enjoying the tasty cuisines; you can enjoy each and every bit of your day.
Winter is also a good time because the climate remains cool and you get to enjoy the grand festivals in the capital city of Tripura, Agartala.