When Is The Best Time To Visit Uttarakhand in 2022?
The best time to visit Uttarakhand is between March and April or September and October when the temperature is too high in the plains or the offset of monsoons. This is the time when you can enjoy different destinations in Uttarakhand. Most of the destinations in Uttarakhand during these months have a good and comfortable climate.
Why March to April and September to October is the best months to visit Uttarakhand?
- You can enjoy various adventure activities throughout the state
- You can also be a part of Chardham Yatra during these months
- You can also enjoy the amazing temperature of the state during these months
- During the summer months, the weather remains pleasant and fresh.
Best Season to visit Uttarakhand
The best season which is also the peak season to visit Uttarakhand is during summer. There are multiple reasons why the summer season is the best to visit anywhere in the state.
Why Summer is the best season to visit Uttarakhand?
- The Chota Chardham yatra can be taken during this season
- You can visit every destination without any hiccups
- While the other states feel the heat, you can relax in the cool environment of some cities.
- The entire state looks beautiful with flowers blooming throughout the state.
Get ideas for the best time to go
It is better to visit Uttarakhand during the peak season if you don’t want to miss out on all the fun it has in store. Though one can visit here anytime in the year, it still remains a question to be answered by the visitors.
|Peak Season to visit Uttarakhand||Off-Season to visit Uttarakhand|
|Between March to June||October to February|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
The above-given information will help you in deciding which of these two main seasons will suit you better. You can make a plan accordingly. Though both seasons have their perks and beauty of their own.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Uttarakhand in respective months.
The weather and beauty of Uttarakhand remain the same throughout the year. What changes in the color? In summers you will get to see the greener side of the state and it turns into a beautiful sheet of white in winters.
Best time to visit Uttarakhand for a honeymoon
Whenever people think about their honeymoon, Uttarakhand is a constant in their head. And why not, this state has all it takes to become the very best. Anyways, the best time to visit Uttarakhand for a honeymoon is throughout the year. But we strongly recommend that one should refrain from traveling to the hill stations of the state between July and September which is the monsoon season here.
But more importantly, what is the reason one should visit Uttarakhand for their honeymoon? Here are some highlights:
- You get a chance to enjoy the admirable natural beauty of the state.
- If you love to start your newlywed life by taking the blessings from the lord, there are many places to do that as well.
- Adventure-loving couples also get to enjoy their favorite sport. All you need to do is look for the best place to do that.
- Nature-loving people, photographers, birdwatchers, or a couple who wish to explore the flora and fauna of the state, can also look for their ideal destination.
Best time to visit Uttarakhand for snow
It is between December and March that you get the most number of places covered in snow. There are certain cities in Uttarakhand where you can get snow throughout the year and one of them is Auli. Not that you will get it everywhere but the higher altitude areas would not let you go empty-handed. You can come to these places and play with the snow.
Family movers, honeymooners, and adventure lovers too enjoy their time playing with snow in most places of Uttarakhand. Don’t worry, you will have an enjoyable time in such places. So, before you go make sure you know the best places that can be visited.
Best time to visit Uttarakhand for snowfall
If you wish to enjoy the snowfall in Uttarakhand, you should plan your trip anywhere between November and February. Auli, Joshimath, Kedarnath, Amarnath, Tungnath, Chopta, and Mussoorie are some names where you can enjoy snowfall. But before you plan your trip here, make sure you have packed your bags in the best way possible.
In some areas, it is very cold and you will have to wear layered clothes. Ensure that you have packed enough warm clothes for your trip. Auli is one of the finest destinations to visit in India for snowfall. One can enjoy multiple activities here in Auli during the snowfall. All the snow-related activities are enjoyable and thrilling.
Best time to visit Uttarakhand with family
The best time to visit Uttarakhand with family is between July and August. Different places have different USPs and you can enjoy them in these months. Although, it is monsoon during these months that shouldn’t keep your family trip at bay. Here are some things that can be done during your family trip.
- You can visit Dehradun for delicious cuisines, nightlife, and sightseeing tours.
- Visit Rishikesh and Haridwar for some amazing time where you go for temple hopping, thrilling activities and so much more.
- You can visit Mussoorie, Srinagar, and other places to enjoy the comfortable and soothing weather.
As we have mentioned above, there are no limits to enjoyment because Uttarakhand has so many gems in its territories.
Read Also: Places to visit in Uttarakhand
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Uttarakhand
Is it good to visit Uttarakhand in January?
January is an amazing time to visit several destinations in Uttarakhand like the Chopta Valley. With a clear sky and cool temperature, you can enjoy a lot of adventure activities.
Is it good to visit Uttarakhand in December?
If you love to see snow, December and January are considered to be the best time to travel to Uttarakhand. A trip to Uttarakhand’s different states or attractions like Chopta can be done this season.