They call it the “Land of God”, we call it the “Traveler’s Haven.” Uttarakhand is a charming, exotic, and mysterious place in India. Needless to say that this entire state is filled with some of the best places to visit in the entire country. And each of the destinations you pick, there are several attractions where you can spend an amazing time. Know here best time to visit Uttarakhand.
If that was not enough the natural beauty, adrenaline-rushing activities and the temples here make things way more interesting.
So, let’s have a look at the best places to visit in Uttarakhand in summer 2022
- Rishikesh is popularly known as the Yoga Capital of the world. From the world-famous Triveni Ghat to the Beatles Ashram, the list of places you can visit is too many.
- Rishikesh offers a spectacular view of the natural beauty as it is located at the foothills of the Himalayas.
- If you are an avid adventurer, there are multiple activities like cliff jumping, bungee jumping, rappelling, mountain climbing, camping, and other daunting activities to enjoy.
- For all those who wish to take a break from their hectic daily life, Rishikesh can become your getaway destination. This is because it has ashrams where you can visit for meditation and yoga sessions.
- One can also enjoy Ayurveda treatment for relaxation.
- Rishikesh houses several pilgrim spots where you can offer your prayers to the lord. Do not miss out on the evening Ganga Aarti.
See Also: Places to visit in Rishikesh
- The mountains here are tranquil and eye-captivating and they act as a perfect hill station to visit.
- If you want to enjoy a cable car ride in the enchanting Doon Valley, it can be done in Mussoorie.
- The scenic view of the Kempty Falls is also eye-captivating and one of the best reasons why you should visit Mussoorie.
Mussoorie has the best-maintained mall road when compared to the others in the entire country.
- If you love shopping then Landour Bazaar of Mussoorie will keep you engaged for a long time.
- While you visit Mussoorie you get the view of Shivalik Range on one side and Doon Valley on the other.
- With natural beauty, there are several amazing activities to enjoy too.
- For adventurers, there is a long list of adrenaline-rushing activities that can be done.
- You should visit Mussoorie because of the snow activities it holds every winter.
See Also: Places to visit in Mussoorie
- One of the prominent reasons why people visit here is that Haridwar is known to be the gateway of Char Dham.
- It is one of the places where Kumbh Mela and one of the two places where Maha Kumbh is organized in India.
- Take a dip in the holy water of the river Ganga at Har Ki Pauri. It is also considered that taking a dip in the water washes away the sins of the person.
- You can also attend the maha-aarti at Har Ki Pauri every day. The evening aarti here is aired in several countries.
- There are multiple temples where you can visit during your trip and this is the reason why most of the pilgrims love visiting here.
- There are a number of places where you can get ayurvedic treatment which turns out to be a much-needed therapy for city dwellers.
- Haridwar is also known as the perfect shopping destination in Uttarakhand.
- A hill station that is popular for the valley as well as the lakes. This is the reason why Nainital is the lake district of Uttarakhand.
- It is one of the most beautiful hill stations in India that offers a great view of the snow-clad mountains of the Himalayan range.
- Owing to its climate, Nainital attracts a lot of honeymooners making it a wonderful honeymoon paradise.
- Visitors can also enjoy several adventure activities like paragliding, trekking, biking, and more at multiple places throughout Nainital.
To know more about the best places to visit in Nainital.
5. Jim Corbett
- Jim Corbett has the maximum number of Royal Bengal Tigers, so Corbett is the best place to spot one.
- Corbett is also one of the best places for wildlife photography because of the extensive collection of flora and fauna.
- There are 5-major ranges in the entire reserve and taking a canter or a jeep safari is inexplicably joyful.
- There are other enthralling activities too that you can do while in Jim Corbett National Park.
- The Ramganga River is an ideal place to enjoy fishing and angling activities.
- Corbett holds a lot of birding tours as well, something that bird watchers love a lot.
- The resorts as well as the rest houses are made in such a way that it redefines luxury and the way of staying amidst the wilderness.
To know more about the best places to visit and things to do in Jim Corbett click here!
- It is also known as the skiing destination of India receiving a lot of visitors during the winter season.
- You can enjoy a range of thrilling snow activities throughout the Auli Valley.
- Take a ropeway ride from Joshimath to Auli and enjoy the view of snow-clad mountains that are at some distance.
- The romantic vistas of Auli make it a perfect honeymoon destination too.
See Also: Places to visit in Auli
- One of the best things about Dehradun is the range of cuisines it has on offer. There is so much versatility that it will blow your mind.
- You can take a sightseeing tour at the Indian Military Academy which is also a very interesting and popular place to visit.
- Visit the Robber’s Cave and Sahastradhara, two exceptional places that should be visited at least once in a lifetime.
- Visit the Tapovan Temple for some quiet time in the serenity.
- If you are looking to explore the flora and fauna collection of the city, you can visit the Malsi Deer Park.
See Also: Places to visit in Dehradun
- Chakrata is one place in Uttarakhand that offers pristine beauty at its best.
- If you want to have the best evening of your life, just head to any cliff or open land and witness the sunset.
- There are several hiking and trekking trails that visitors can explore during their trip.
- Taste the local cuisines that are on offer and explore the villages and towns around like the locals.
- Enjoy camping at the places allowed and eat your dinner under the sheet of stars. Isn’t that interesting?
To know more about the best places to visit and things to do in Chakrata click here!
Although the list is not complete yet, for your next few trips, at least you know the destinations that you will have to visit. Be it a weekend trip or an extended vacation; these places will always welcome you. So plan your trip to the given places and enjoy an amazing time. If you want to know more, follow our blogs so that you don’t miss out on the next thing we craft for you.