Places to visit in Leh Ladakh for a honeymoon- a lot of people ask this question. But to start with; we would like to tell you that Ladakh is not a honeymoon destination by any means. It is surely one of the most enchanting destinations in the world, but you cannot consider it to be a honeymoon destination.
It is an adventure destination that young couples have started visiting for their honeymoon trip. But that doesn’t give the place a tag of what you are asking. But if you consider Ladakh for your honeymoon- we suggest you have a look at this blog.
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind while heading to Leh Ladakh:
- Plan your trip in advance so that you don’t have to worry about anything there.
- Make sure you have all the gear packed in your bag if you are wanting to take part in any adventure activities.
- Do consider taking medicines for AMS and other similar problems.
- Do not take AMS as a joke and if you are planning to take a flight to Ladakh then it is advised for at least a day’s rest and acclimatisation in Leh.
- It is also advised to go for a honeymoon during the summer days which is between May end or June to October.
- If you prefer visiting here in winter firstly you will have to encounter harsh harsh weather conditions, there would be a lot of hiccups because it snows heavily here.
- Also, keep in mind that even if you are visiting the dark during the summer days keep multiple warmers in your bag.
- Do not forget to pack caps, hats, lotions, cream, sunscreen, sunglasses, and lip balm to name a few.
Can we go to Leh Ladakh for our honeymoon? Is it safe? Is it an ideal honeymoon destination?
Are these questions coming to your mind too? If yes, then this blog is for you because yes you can go to Ladakh for your honeymoon even though it is not an ideal destination for newlywed couples.
Best time to visit Leh Ladakh for honeymoon: Summer (April to May)
Honeymooners are of all kinds and youngsters these days love visiting places that would thrill them to bits, give them a dose of excitement, and are beautiful too. One place sounds perfect for such couples. It has more than what you would expect and people across the country find it an absolutely daunting place. If you are a rider, things get better.
Here is a list of places to visit where you can visit in Leh Ladakh for your honeymoon.
1. Pangong Tso
Pangong Tso is a stunning high-altitude lake situated in the Himalayas at a height of 4,350 meters. Its crystal-clear waters reflect mesmerizing shades of blue and green that change with the light. Surrounded by barren mountains and clear blue skies, the peaceful atmosphere around the lake adds to its charm. Its beauty is truly breathtaking and a must-visit for nature lovers.
- The place is simply amusing and breathtaking, honeymoon couples love getting clicked at different places around the lake.
- You can enjoy the beauty, changing colors of the lake, and the peaceful environment too.
- You can stay overnight in the camp colony which is at some distance because that’s the best accommodation here.
- It is also the perfect place to get the experience of living in a Swiss Camp. The finest camps currently.
- You can take a walk during the day or evening and also enjoy having dinner under the sheet of stars.
- Spending a day here at Pangong during your honeymoon is an inexplicable feeling.
- If by any chance you are visiting Ladakh during the winter season, it would be difficult for you to find a good place to stay near Banga on Lake, secondly, you can enjoy walking on the frozen lake.
- True you will miss out on the actual beauty of Pangong Lake, but this is something that not everyone is able to encounter or witness during their trip to Leh Ladakh.
2. Khardung La
Khardung La is a high mountain pass located near Leh. It is one of the world’s highest motorable roads, offering stunning panoramic views of the surrounding Himalayan mountains. The snow-capped peaks, deep valleys, and rugged terrain make Khardung La an ideal destination for adventure seekers and nature lovers alike. The beauty of this place is truly mesmerizing.
- One of the highest motorable passes of the world- Khardung La is a fine place that could go down your memory lane quite well.
- During your honeymoon in Leh Ladakh, you can stay here for 20-25 minutes and enjoy standing at such an astonishing altitude.
- You can click pictures with the name stone and breathe in the fresh air at that height.
- While you visit Khardung La on your honeymoon trip to Leh Ladakh, make sure you have acclimatised your body well and if things go south keep a back up plan with you.
3. Nubra Valley
The Nubra valley is known for its stunning natural beauty, with the majestic Himalayan mountains, crystal-clear rivers, and lush green landscapes. The place is a paradise for nature lovers and offers a serene and peaceful atmosphere.
- This is best defined as the cocktail of landscapes because there are so many different things to enjoy.
- You can enjoy the double-humped camel safari in the valley. Yak safari can also be enjoyed here.
- Head to Diskit and spend some time at the village.
- You can also visit the Maitreya Buddha monastery and statue.
4. Tso Moriri
Tso Moriri is a breathtaking alpine lake located in Ladakh. The lake is surrounded by majestic snow-capped mountains and vast stretches of barren land. The crystal-clear blue waters of Tso Moriri reflect the beauty of the surrounding landscapes, making it a picturesque destination for nature lovers and photographers.
- Enjoy the melange of calmness and nature in the valley with your partner.
- Click pictures with the breathtaking panoramic view of the lake.
- If you wish you can spot birds because the lake is home to several species of birds.
- You can also enjoy the flora and fauna population of the lake.
- Do not forget to visit the Korzok Monastery which is believed to be 400 years old.
You can stay here too!
5. Magnetic Hill
Magnetic Hill is a stretch of road where cars appear to defy the laws of gravity and move uphill on their own. The place is surrounded by stunning mountain views and has a surreal, otherworldly feel to it. The beauty and mystery of Magnetic Hill attract tourists from all over the world, making it a must-visit destination in Ladakh.
- Take a quad bike and enjoy the ride which is gravity-defying.
- The Magnetic Hill place is quite amusing too.
6. Zanskar Valley
Zanskar Valley is a pristine valley surrounded by towering snow-capped peaks, deep gorges, and rugged terrain. The valley also features a stunning river that flows through it, offering a picturesque view. The beauty of Zanskar Valley is truly mesmerizing and makes it an ideal destination for adventure seekers and nature lovers.
- Be it summers or winters, you can visit here for a lot of amusement.
- Where people love hiking, camping, and riding to the Zanskar Valley in summers, couples who love thrills visit here for the Chadar Trek in winters.
- People love the thrill and landscape beauty both.
- If you are at the right time here, just don’t forget to celebrate the festival.
- Visit the Phugtal Monastery too.
- You can admire the beauty at Sangam Point.
7. Leh Market
Leh Market is a bustling market located in the heart of Leh town. The market offers a wide range of traditional Ladakhi handicrafts, jewelry, and textiles, as well as local snacks and beverages. The vibrant colors and smells of the market create a unique and lively atmosphere, making it a must-visit destination for tourists in Leh.
- Take a stroll with your partner at the Leh Market.
- Enjoy savoring different Ladakhi dishes at the food joints, eateries, and other places.
- You can also spend time with your loved one at a cafe or go shopping.
- There are a number of places where you can buy some souvenirs for your home.
If you are picking up the Ladakh tour packages for your honeymoon, make sure visiting Lamyuru is there on the cards. It is a small, picturesque village known for its stunning landscapes, with its rugged mountains, deep gorges, and vast stretches of barren lands. The natural beauty of Lamayuru is truly mesmerizing and offers a serene escape from city life.
- The village is home to the famous Lamayuru Monastery, one of the largest and oldest monasteries in Ladakh.
- Lamayuru is a popular destination for trekking enthusiasts, with several trekking routes leading to the village and surrounding areas.
- The village is also known for its unique geological formations, such as the Moonland, which looks like the surface of the moon due to its unusual rock formations.
- The village has a serene and tranquil atmosphere, making it an ideal escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Alchi is a beautiful village known for its ancient Buddhist monasteries, lush greenery, and stunning mountain vistas. The natural beauty of this place is simply breathtaking and awe-inspiring.
- Alchi is home to some of the oldest surviving Buddhist monasteries in the Himalayan region, dating back to the 11th century.
- The monasteries are famous for their intricate frescoes and sculptures, which are considered to be some of the finest examples of Indian and Tibetan art.
- The village of Alchi is located on the banks of the Indus River, which offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Alchi is situated in a lush green valley, with fields of apricot trees and other fruit orchards.
- The village is surrounded by towering mountains, including the majestic Zanskar range, making it a popular destination for trekking and hiking.
- Alchi is also home to a number of small villages and hamlets, each with its own unique culture and traditions.
- The area is rich in wildlife, with sightings of ibex, blue sheep, and snow leopards, among other animals.
- Visitors can also enjoy traditional Ladakhi cuisine, which is known for its use of local ingredients and spices.
- The village is accessible by road, and is a popular stopover for travelers heading to other parts of Ladakh, such as Leh and Nubra Valley.
- Alchi monastery is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in history, culture, and natural beauty.
Diskit is a small town in the Nubra Valley known for its stunning natural beauty. Surrounded by towering mountains, lush green valleys, and meandering rivers, Diskit is a paradise for nature lovers, offering breathtaking views at every turn.
- Diskit is home to one of the largest and oldest monasteries in the Nubra Valley, which dates back to the 14th century and houses a giant statue of Maitreya Buddha.
- The Diskit monastery is perched on a hilltop overlooking the town and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- The town is surrounded by towering sand dunes, which are a popular attraction for tourists and locals alike.
Visitors can go on a camel safari to explore the dunes, or simply hike to the top for panoramic views of the valley.
- Diskit is home to a number of small villages and hamlets, each with its own unique culture and traditions.
- The area is known for its delicious apricots, which grow in abundance in the surrounding orchards.
Visitors can also enjoy traditional Ladakhi cuisine, which is known for its use of local ingredients and spices.
- The town is accessible by road, and is a popular stopover for travelers heading to other parts of Ladakh, such as Leh and Pangong Lake.
Ladakh, also known as the Land of High Passes, is now changing into an ideal honeymoon destination. Especially for couples who love adventure and breathtaking landscapes. It is a unique region with a distinctive culture and history, nestled in the Himalayan mountain range. Ladakh offers a peaceful and romantic atmosphere with its serene surroundings and enchanting landscapes.
The place has a mystical charm that is both alluring and captivating. The rich and colorful culture of Ladakh adds to its appeal, and couples can experience it by attending traditional festivals, trying local cuisine, and interacting with friendly locals. Ladakh is an offbeat yet perfect honeymoon destination for couples who seek adventure and want to make memories that last a lifetime.
See Also: Places to visit in Leh Ladakh | Best time to visit Leh Ladakh