Places to visit in Leh Ladakh for a honeymoon- a lot of people ask this question. But to start with; we would like to tell you that Ladakh is not a honeymoon destination by any means. It is surely one of the most enchanting destinations in the world, but you cannot consider it to be a honeymoon destination.
It is an adventure destination where young couples have started visiting for their honeymoon trip. But that doesn’t give the place a tag of what you are asking. But if you consider Ladakh for your honeymoon- we suggest you have a look at this blog.
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind while heading to Leh Ladakh:
- Plan your trip in advance so that you don’t have to worry about anything there.
- Make sure you have all the gear packed in your bag if you are wanting to take part in any adventure activities.
- Do consider taking medicines for AMS and other similar problems.
- Do not take AMS as a joke and if you are planning to take a flight to Ladakh then it is advised for at least a day’s rest and acclimatisation in Leh.
- It is also advised to go for a honeymoon during the summer days which is between May end or June to October.
- If you prefer visiting here in winter firstly you will have to encounter harsh harsh weather conditions, there would be a lot of hiccups because it snows heavily here.
- Also, keep in mind that even if you are visiting the dark during the summer days keep multiple warmers in your bag.
- Do not forget to pack caps, hats, lotions, cream, sunscreen, sunglasses, and lip balm to name a few.
Can we go to Leh Ladakh for our honeymoon? Is it safe? Is it an ideal honeymoon destination?
Are these questions coming to your mind too? If yes, then this blog is for you because yes you can go to Ladakh for your honeymoon even though it is not an ideal destination for newlywed couples.
Best time to visit Leh Ladakh for honeymoon: Summer (April to May)
Honeymooners are of all kinds and youngsters these days love visiting places that would thrill them to bits, give them a dose of excitement, and are beautiful too. One place sounds perfect for such couples. It has more than what you would expect and people across the country find it an absolutely daunting place. If you are a rider, things get better.
Here is a list of places to visit where you can visit in Leh Ladakh for your honeymoon.
1. Pangong Tso
- The place is simply amusing and breathtaking, honeymoon couples love getting clicked at different places around the lake.
- You can enjoy the beauty, changing colors of the lake, and the peaceful environment too.
- You can stay overnight in the camp colony which is at some distance because that’s the best accommodation here.
- It is also the perfect place to get the experience of living in a Swiss Camp. The finest camps currently.
- You can take a walk during the day or evening and also enjoy having dinner under the sheet of stars.
- Spending a day here at Pangong during your honeymoon is an inexplicable feeling.
- If by any chance you are visiting Ladakh during the winter season, it would be difficult for you to find a good place to stay near Banga on Lake, secondly, you can enjoy walking on the frozen lake.
- True you will miss out on the actual beauty of Pangong Lake, but this is something that not everyone is able to encounter or witness during their trip to Leh Ladakh.
2. Khardung La
- One of the highest motorable passes of the world- Khardung La is a fine place that could go down your memory lane quite well.
- During your honeymoon in Leh Ladakh, you can stay here for 20-25 minutes and enjoy standing at such an astonishing altitude.
- You can click pictures with the name stone and breathe in the fresh air at that height.
- While you visit Khardung La on your honeymoon trip to Leh Ladakh, make sure you have acclimatised your body well and if things go south keep a back up plan with you.
3. Nubra Valley
- This is best defined as the cocktail of landscapes because there are so many different things to enjoy.
- You can enjoy the double-humped camel safari in the valley. Yak safari can also be enjoyed here.
- Head to Diskit and spend some time at the village.
- You can also visit the Maitreya Buddha monastery and statue.
4. Tso Moriri
- Enjoy the melange of calmness and nature in the valley with your partner.
- Click pictures with the breathtaking panoramic view of the lake.
- If you wish you can spot birds because the lake is home to several species of birds.
- You can also enjoy the flora and fauna population of the lake.
- Do not forget to visit the Korzok Monastery which is believed to be 400 years old.
You can stay here too!
5. Magnetic Hill
- Take a quad bike and enjoy the ride which is gravity-defying.
- The Magnetic Hill place is quite amusing too.
6. Zanskar Valley
- Be it summers or winters, you can visit here for a lot of amusement.
- Where people love hiking, camping, and riding to the Zanskar Valley in summers, couples who love thrills visit here for the Chadar Trek in winters.
- People love the thrill and landscape beauty both.
- If you are at the right time here, just don’t forget to celebrate the festival.
- Visit the Phugtal Monastery too.
- You can admire the beauty at Sangam Point.
7. Leh Market
- Take a stroll with your partner at the Leh Market.
- Enjoy sovering different Ladakhi dishes at the food joints, eateries, and other places.
- You can also spend time with your loved one at a cafe or go shopping.
- There are a number of places where you can buy some souvenirs for your home.
One thing is for sure, you can enjoy a lot at this offbeat (in terms of honeymoon) but highly daunting destination. Many people visit here and there is a reason behind that. If you too want to enjoy your honeymoon differently, then this is the way you can do it.
See Also: Places to visit in Leh Ladakh