➤ When Is The Best Time To Visit Triund in 2023?
The best time to visit Triund is between March and June. And then in September and October. After these months monsoons arrive in North India and Dharamshala gets heavy rainfall. The roads get blocked and landslides become usual. After the monsoon, it is the winters that keep people away. Triund receives heavy snowfall too.
Best month to visit Triund
The best month to visit Triund is between May and June or September and October. These are the comfortable months because:
- Where the first two months or fall in the summer season the next two months are post-monsoon.
- Being a hill station it is advised not to travel through Triund because landslides and roadblocks would be making your trip a bit problematic.
- If you visit in the summer months you will see a huge crowd because people come here to beat the heat of the plains.
- So if you want to have some peaceful time with your friends, family, or your loved ones then September and October are the best time for you.
Why May, June, September, and October are the best months to visit Triund?
- It is the time when you can enjoy the trek a lot.
- The temperature remains comfortable and you don’t have to worry about rain.
- Snow does not play a spoilsport.
Best Season to visit Triund
The best season to take Triund trek is the summer season. That’s when the snow is not there, you have good weather, the sky remains clear and so much more.
Why Summers is the best season to visit Triund?
- The sky remains clear and that amuses the trekkers a lot.
- The weather and climate remain comfortable throughout the day.
- Even the nights are comfortable as compared to the other times.
Best time to visit Triund in summer
March to June is known to be the best time to visit Triund in summer. There are multiple reasons why one should plan on visiting here during this time and some of the highlights are given below:
- Firstly the temperature would be comfortable enough for people to trek on the trail that they are here for.
- Secondly, the environment around the valley would be beautiful and unfathomable.
- You will not have to wear a lot of clothes and you can trek light.
- Summer is one of the best times to visit any hill station because of the clear sky and shiny sun giving a perfect view of the surroundings as well as the distant mountains. So if you do the same you will get to enjoy a beautiful view of the distant mountains as well.
Get ideas for the best time to go
There is no peak and off-season for Triund due to its extremity. People can only visit here during Summers and yes if you direly want to take this trek you can go between September and October.
|Peak Season to visit Triund||Off-Season to visit Triund|
|March to June||September to December (Winter Season)|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
Triund has always been a go-to spot for adventure junkies, especially trekkers. You can enjoy the entire trek if you take it in the summers.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Triund in respective months.
We have two seasons when we can visit Triund. One is the summer season and the second is the offset of the monsoon. But it completely depends on you as to which season you would prefer to visit here. Make sure you have already planned and packed accordingly.
Best time to go for Triund trek
The best time to go for the Triund trek is between March to June which is again this summer season. During this time you will have a comfortable experience enjoying the entire trek. Neither you will have to wear multiple layers of clothes nor you will have to carry heavy bags.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Triund
Is Triund open for tourists?
Yes, Triund is open for tourists because the covid cases have decreased and the summer season for 2023 has already arrived. This is the perfect time for tourists to visit.
Is it safe to trek Triund in December?
December is the month for experts. It heavily snows on the mountain and it gives a tough time to the visitors. But if you are an avid trekker or someone who has done the sport earlier. It will be a bit easier then.
Is there snowfall in Triund?
Yes, it does and the best time to experience this is in December, January, and February.
Can we stay at Triund?
No, there are no places to stay in Triund. And that’s because it is at a high altitude and highly secluded.
Can we go to Triund in July?
Yes if you wish to visit this place in July there is no problem and yes a lot of people do that. But most of them are those who want to walk on the trekking trails of the valley. Undoubtedly most of the people who visit here are only here for the trek that it has on offer. And amongst them, most of the people are more or fewer adventure junkies who wish to tick a box of trekking at the Triund Valley in their life.
Can we visit Triund in August?
Triund in August is absolutely amazing filled with greenery and a lot of beautiful flowers throughout the valley. If You Are on a short trip, weekend getaway, or a quick trip to Dharamshala or McleodGanj, it is advised not to skip or miss the Triund trek at any cost. While taking this trek you will have a lot of amazing moments and the panoramic view of the entire valley would be exceptionally beautiful so it depends on you to decide for the same.
Is Triund safe in the monsoon?
There is no problem if you visit Triund in monsoon because adventure enthusiasts do not stop taking the Triund Trek during this season. A lot of female enthusiasts who love trekking also become a part of a larger group during the checking because that makes them comfortable, and safe, and it also elevates the overall trekking experience.