Located in the Chamoli District, Auli is an international-level skiing destination in Uttarakhand. If you are planning your trip in the winter season, then this can turn out to be a wonderful destination for you. The jaw-dropping beauty and amazing things to do in Auli always attract people towards itself.
So while you create your itinerary to Auli, these are some places you would not want to exclude. Make sure you have them on your list.
Checkout here list of best places to visit in Auli in summer 2022
1. Auli Ropeway
- This is one of the finest ways to commute between Auli and Joshimath. It is a 25-minute ride that gives you a bird’s eye view of the Auli Valley.
- The cost of a return trip in the ropeway is 1000 INR per person.
- You don’t necessarily have to get the tickets for this ride offline. Check the online portal and get the tickets from there.
- The timings of the ropeway are between 9 am and 4:25 pm, but the window counter closes by 4 pm. So plan your trip accordingly.
- This is another amazing destination where you can visit during your trip to Auli.
- You can either take a trek to Joshimath, visit here by car, ropeway or even by bus.
- Joshimath is also the base of several treks like the valley of flowers, Kuari, and Biagini Treks.
- The popular Narsingh Temple is also located in this town.
- The 1200 years old Kalpvriksh is also an attraction of Joshimath.
3. Gorson Bugyal
- Gorson Bugyal is an enthralling place to visit because it offers a mesmerizing view of the snow-clad Himalayan mountains.
- To enjoy the snow activities you should visit here between December and February.
- From Gorson Bugyal you also get to enjoy the Nanda Devi View.
- The daunting roads of Gorson Bugyal bring a smile to the faces of riders. It feels like heaven to them.
4. Auli Artificial Lake
- The view of this lake is absolutely stunning because you have snow-covered mountains in the backdrop.
- The Auli Artificial Lake offers an amazing trek to the visitors and if you are here during the winter seasons, snowfall increases the level of trekking. Snow or not, you will enjoy the trek a lot.
- This is also known as the Chenab lake and it was constructed as artificial water storage. The reservoir now acts as a tourist attraction in Auli.
- A lot of people who visit here in the summers love to spend time around the lake and meditate in the serene environment.
- The ski destination has more than one astonishing place and one of them is Chattrakund lake.
- This is situated at an elevation of 3300 m and gives a panoramic view of the snow-clad mountains.
- It is an integral part of the Auli Skiing tour and a lot of people love trekking to this lake.
One can enjoy camping and multiple adventure activities here around Chattrakund lake.
- Taking a swim in the freshwater lake is also an option for the visitors, but the water might sting.
Auli is not just a paradise for skiing lovers or those who want to enjoy snow sports, it is an amazing place where you can enjoy many more things.
See Also: Places to visit in Rishikesh