Located in the Chamoli District, Auli is an international-level skiing destination in Uttarakhand. If you are planning your trip in the winter season, then this can turn out to be a wonderful destination for you. The jaw-dropping beauty and amazing things to do in Auli always attract people towards itself. It will highly depend on the time of your visit at this destination. If you are planning on your trip to Auli in summers, you will get a moderately chilly temperature and weather. Whereas if you plan to take a trip to Auli in winters, this will be a completely different place to visit.
See Also: Best time to visit Auli Uttarakhand
Also, the best time to visit Auli Uttarakhand is during winters for adventure junkies, and for nature lovers and families; it is summer. So while you create your itinerary to Auli, these are some places you would not want to exclude. Make sure you have them on your list.
Checkout here list of best places to visit in Auli in winter 2023
1. Auli Ropeway
Amongst the list of places to visit in Auli; the ropeway that stretches from Auli town to Joshimath is one of the best. You must get a ride if you visit here in summer. But for those who are planning on their trip to Auli in December. You need to depend on the weather.
- This is one of the finest ways to commute between Auli and Joshimath. It is a 25-minute ride that gives you a bird’s eye view of the Auli Valley.
- The cost of a return trip in the ropeway is 1000 INR per person.
- You don’t necessarily have to get the tickets for this ride offline. Check the online portal and get the tickets from there.
- The timings of the ropeway are between 9 am and 4:25 pm, but the window counter closes by 4 pm. So plan your trip accordingly.
Although there are a lot of amazing places to visit between Rishikesh and Auli, Joshimath still remains one of the best. You need to go a few km ahead of Auli towards Badrinath Temple or Mana Village.
- This is another amazing destination where you can visit during your trip to Auli.
- You can either take a trek to Joshimath, visit here by car, ropeway or even by bus.
- Joshimath is also the base of several treks like the valley of flowers, Kuari, and Biagini Treks.
- The popular Narsingh Temple is also located in this town.
- The 1200 years old Kalpvriksh is also an attraction of Joshimath.
3. Gorson Bugyal
Bugyal are the specialities of Uttarakhand; especially towns of Chamoli. There are a number of Bugyal throughout Auli and Gorson is one of the most popular ones. And it is one of the best places around Auli where you can relax and enjoy for some time.
- Gorson Bugyal is an enthralling place to visit because it offers a mesmerizing view of the snow-clad Himalayan mountains.
- To enjoy the snow activities you should visit here between December and February.
- From Gorson Bugyal you also get to enjoy the Nanda Devi View.
- The daunting roads of Gorson Bugyal bring a smile to the faces of riders. It feels like heaven to them.
4. Auli Artificial Lake
Auli lake is a two faced lake which happens to show a totally different side of itself in different seasons. You just need to ensure that this is on your list of attractions to visit in Auli on your next trip.
- The view of this lake is absolutely stunning because you have snow-covered mountains in the backdrop.
- The Auli Artificial Lake offers an amazing trek to the visitors and if you are here during the winter seasons, snowfall increases the level of trekking. Snow or not, you will enjoy the trek a lot.
- This is also known as the Chenab lake and it was constructed as artificial water storage. The reservoir now acts as a tourist attraction in Auli.
- A lot of people who visit here in the summers or winters love to spend time around the lake and meditate in the serene environment.
While looking at the map after searching “how to visit Auli, Uttarakhand?” Make sure to also have a look at the way to Chattrakund as well. It is an important attraction.
- The ski destination has more than one astonishing place and one of them is Chattrakund lake.
- This is situated at an elevation of 3300 m and gives a panoramic view of the snow-clad mountains.
- It is an integral part of the Auli Skiing tour and a lot of people love trekking to this lake.
One can enjoy camping and multiple adventure activities here around Chattrakund lake.
- Taking a swim in the freshwater lake is also an option for the visitors, but the water might sting.
6. Kwani Bugyal
Another Bugyal that’s popular in Auli goes by the name of Kwani. This is also a famous attraction of the hill town of Uttarakhand and is visited by many adventure enthusiasts. So, while you make your plans to Auli, make sure to visit Kwani.
- Kwani Bugyal is located approximately 13 km from Auli and is a paradise for trekkers.
- Every year hundreds of trekkers make their way to this astonishing destination for some amusement.
- Kwani Bugyal is also around 12 km from Gurso Bugyal and you can conquer both these places together.
- Kwani Bugyal is approximately 3380 m above sea level and offers a magnificent view of the Nanda Devi mountains.
- The campers and adventurers have an amazing atmosphere to enjoy at this point. And you will surely love your time here.
7. Nanda Devi Peak
Nanda Devi Peak is the second-highest mountain peak in India, with an elevation of 7,816 meters (25,643 feet) above sea level. It is located in the Garhwal region of the Himalayas, within the Nanda Devi National Park in the state of Uttarakhand.
Nanda Devi is considered one of the most beautiful peaks in the Himalayas, with a distinctive double summit and a majestic snow-covered peak. The mountain is surrounded by several smaller peaks and glaciers, making it a popular destination for mountain climbers and trekkers. You can get a clear sight of the peak on clear days and enjoy the beauty of this pious peak.
8. Chenab Lake
The retreat is named after the sage Saildhar, who is said to have meditated here for many years. It is a popular destination for spiritual seekers and those interested in yoga and meditation. The area is also known for its natural beauty and is a great place for trekking and camping.
The retreat offers a variety of activities and programs, including yoga and meditation classes, spiritual discourses, and cultural programs. Visitors can also take part in nature walks, bird watching, and other outdoor activities.
9. Saildhar Tapowan
Saildhar Tapowan is a serene and picturesque spiritual retreat situated on the banks of the Alaknanda River. It is at an altitude of around 1,500 meters above sea level, surrounded by lush green forests and beautiful landscapes.
The retreat is named after the sage Saildhar, who is said to have meditated here for many years. It is a popular destination for spiritual seekers and those interested in yoga and meditation. The area is also known for its natural beauty and is a great place for trekking and camping. Ideal for all types of visitors, this is a great place to visit near Auli.
10. Auli Ski Resort
It is situated at an altitude of around 2,500 to 3,050 meters above sea level and is surrounded by the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas. The resort is known for its scenic beauty and world-class ski facilities, making it a popular destination for skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports. It has several ski slopes, ranging from beginner to advanced levels, and offers ski lessons and equipment rentals for visitors.
Apart from skiing, Auli Ski Resort also offers a variety of other activities, including trekking, camping, and sightseeing. Visitors can explore the nearby Nanda Devi National Park, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is home to several endangered species of flora and fauna.
Auli is not just a paradise for skiing lovers or those who want to enjoy snow sports, it is an amazing place where you can enjoy many more things. If you plan your trip to Auli in the summer, don’t worry about the sightseeing tours or the accommodation. There will be ample of them.
And even if you are planning a trip to Auli in winter; you still don’t have to think much. Honeymooners, solo travelers, families, and couples; all of them visit here for the thrill and fun. There are enough hotels in Auli during winter as well. But we would suggest that you should get your bookings done beforehand.
Make sure you include all these attractions in your itinerary and if you are getting a package, just check with the operator that your Auli tourist package has all this.