A lot of people think that Maldives is all about expensive resorts and water activities. Some people also have a view of exploring the entire archaeology and in pursuit of doing that they come across several secluded islands. Do you also believe that Maldives is all about choosing these places? If yes then you might have to think about it once again after the completion of this blog.
We know that you might already be aware of the fact that all islands are not the same size. Even in Maldives there are islands of all sizes. In one of our articles, we have talked about the largest Maldives Islands this one is dedicated to the smaller ones. As ironic as it may sound, even after being small they have a lot of amazing sports for honeymooners and family travellers. And you will be astonished to know that a lot of people visit here every year.
Looking for some quiet time in the beautiful islands of the Maldives? We have a list of small islands that can give you all that you require. Keep reading for more.
Check out here a list of best small island resorts in Maldives
1. Bandos Island
- One of the smallest islands in Maldives- Bandos is just 4.6 sq. km in the area but offers a lot of amazing things.
- It is a multi-award-winning island that is visited by a lot of people throughout the year who wish to enjoy the luxuries as well as the beauty of the entire place.
- It sits in the middle of the Indian Ocean and is a picture-perfect paradise hidden in the Maldives.
- If you were to ask why people love to visit Bandos then there is not just a single reason, there are many.
- The island is situated at an ideal location which is approximately 10 minutes from the international airport of Maldives which is situated in Male.
- Then it is of the best islands where you get a list of resorts and hotels offering royal and luxurious stays.
- Gorgeous reefs to family-friendly resorts and obviously the award-winning sports that are on offer have made this place one of the most visited and probably the best in all of the country.
- It is a clean and beautiful island with ample accommodation options amongst which Bandos Maldives is the best.
- It has an average cost of 20,000 INR per night with a lot of amazing offerings to enjoy.
2. Biyadhoo Island
- The list of small and serene islands of Maldives isn’t complete without the 0.040 km. sq. Biyadhoo island.
- The island is located approximately 29 km from Male and is easily accessible. People looking for pristine and serenity often prefer visiting and staying here.
- Enjoy the amazing atmosphere that fills with life throughout the day and the nights are electrifying with night parties at a few places.
- Biyadhoo Island is also one of the smallest and most popular ones of all. One prominent reason why this is the reason? That’s because of the amazing and extensive number of water activities that are offered here on the island.
- There are many resorts on the island that have been equipped with a lot of luxuries and people visit you off and I love spending their days at these resorts.
The island is situated approximately 30 minutes from the airport and all you need to do is take a speedboat to reach this heavenly island.
- One of the smallest islands of Maldives is located in the South Male Atoll and is surrounded by the turquoise water of the Indian Ocean.
3. Maafushivaru Island
- The Maafushivaru island is only 12 km long and approximately 265 km wide which makes it one of the smallest in this Archiopology.
- Villa International Airport is the nearest which is approximately 16.5 km away from the island.
- You can spend your honeymoon or couple’s vacation here in peace without missing out on all the fun.
- Although this might be a very small island of this amazing country, it is a completely different experience if you stay at any of the resorts here. All the accommodations of design and takes luxury to an all-new level.
- From water villas to the pools, mouth-watering cuisines to the enthralling water activities; all of it is enjoyed by the visitors at this petite island of Maldives.
4. Komandoo Island
- Komandoo is 0.450 km long and 0.123 km wide which is why the island is one of the smallest.
- Komandoo Resort is a property where people can stay while visiting this island. A maximum of 130 guests are accommodated in 65 ocean and beach-facing villas.
- In peak time you might find it difficult to find good accommodation because it gets too crowded due to the entire setup of the resorts and the amazing view offered here.
5. Hulhumale Island
- As tiny as it can be, Hulhumale is amongst the smallest islands in the Maldives approximately 4 km sq in area.
- It is located just 2.9 km away from Male International Airport and is quite easily accessible.
- This small island is a part of the capital of Maldives- Male. Staying here is an experience in itself and you would enjoy every bit of it when here.
If you are looking for an amazing holiday in a serene environment on a small island with fewer people, then the above-mentioned options can be ideal. You can pick these best small islands of the Maldives for your next visit. So if you premeditated that this club is only about names in a few small Maldives Islands then you might have realised that this is not the case. The above given below is more than just listing down the best and small Maldives Islands. Rather we have given the names of such places where you can spend some time and enjoy yourself with your travelling partner.
So after reading this love you can now pick up the right place for yourself and we believe that you might have already decided where you will be heading based on the information that is given in this blog.
See Also: List of islands in Maldives | Best island in Maldives for couples