When Is The Best Time To Visit Khandala in 2023?
The best time to visit Khandala is between October and May which includes both the summer and winter seasons. Khandala is also one of the places where Mumbaikars visit during their extended weekends. It is one of those places where you can enjoy the misty environment wrapped around the beautiful mountains.
Why October and May are the best months to visit Khandala?
Thinking about the reason why October and me are the best months for visiting Khandala? Let’s make this simpler for you! Here are a few points that would help you in understanding things better:
- October to May holds the best view of the Western Ghats.
- The offset of the monsoon has a lot of amazing things to offer like lush green beauty and a clean environment.
- The temperature remains in check and you won’t have any problem regarding activities that are offered here.
Best Season to visit Khandala
The best season to visit Khandala is during winter but between July and September, you will find a lot of rain lovers visiting here. The monsoon season is also worth visiting and enjoying in Khandala. Whereas if you plan on coming here during the winter season, you will find a comfortable temperature.
Why winter is the best season to visit Khandala
Winters are absolutely amazing in Khandala and a lot of people from Mumbai, Mangalore, Bangalore, and other cities around Maharashtra and inside Maharashtra visit here. The reason of them choosing Khandala over the other places is firstly because of its amazing and soothing weather, additional to that is the range of food that you get here, and also the serenity of this place adds to the wonderful charm
Here are a few points that would help you in understanding it better:
- It offers a pristine environment because the peak season here is summer.
- The temperature remains comfortable throughout the season.
- You can enjoy the natural beauty and the adventure activities at the hill station town.
- Khandala becomes a trekker’s, hiker’s, and vacationer’s paradise during winter.
Best time to visit Khandala in Monsoon
It is not advised to visit any hill station during the monsoons, but if you still wish to visit Khandala you’ll have to be here between June and September. Here are a few things you gonna enjoy during your trip:
- Enjoy the lush green beauty spread across the valley making it a spellbinding view for the visitors.
- You can enjoy trekking to the lakes brimming with water, the beautiful valley having multiple georges allowing small and big waterfalls to flow.
- Khandala during the monsoon season becomes a paradise for honeymooners and for them, the season starts from June and it continues till August after which it starts to become a bit colder. Don’t expect too much when it comes to cold weather because the altitude of Khandala is not that high.
Best time to visit Khandala for a picnic
The best time to visit Khandala for a picnic or a family outing is between August to November. There are multiple reasons that you choose this time for the trip; we are listing down a few for you:
- The temperature throughout these months remains comfortable where the lowest temperature is approximately 21°C and the highest temperature goes to 28°C.
- You will not find any snowfall here any time in the year but during the months that we have mentioned above, you surely get to enjoy the real beauty of nature covered with fog and mist.
- This is the best and the most comfortable time when adventure seekers can head with a family to enjoy a picnic and take the next step further. If you and your family love to explore new areas go on a trekking expedition which will be easy to moderate all the time.
Get ideas for the best time to go
Although the peak season of Khandala is during summers, people still visit here around the year. Every kind of traveler loves to visit here during their choice of the season. And Khandala being a hill station of all seasons serves people with what they want.
|Peak Season to visit Khandala||Off-Season to visit Khandala|
|October to February||April to June|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
Depending on your interest and the nature of the visit, you can plan an ideal season to visit here. Irrespective of the season you visit here, rest assured that the hill station is going to serve you just right. There are going to be a lot of astonishing sites and activities to enjoy throughout your trip.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Khandala in respective months.
Khandala might not be the best place to visit in the entire Western Ghats, but there surely is something good about the place. Isn’t it? If you are planning on a trip to a serene hill town around Mumbai, then this can serve you right. With a lot of enchanting places, Khandala also has a wonderful vibe to enjoy.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Khandala
Is Khandala worth visiting?
Khandala is worth visiting from every part. It is one of the best to visit if you are looking for a serene environment. And the right time to visit Khandala is between the winter months and summer months.
Is Khandala open for tourists
The corona cases have significantly declined over the past few months and almost all the cities in India are open for tourists. This includes Khandala as well. If you want to do this amazing hill station in Maharashtra then pack your bags and head for the destination without giving a second thought.
When should we visit Lonavala and Khandala?
It highly depends on the kind of traveler you are and what interests you the most. That will determine the perfect time to visit Khandala for you. Rest assured that Khandala is an all-season destination. And you can enjoy something or the other at every season or time you visit here. Also, Khandala is one of those places where honeymooners, family movers, solo travellers, partners, and every other kind of traveller visits.