When Is The Best Time To Visit Jodhpur?
The best time to visit Jodhpur is between October and March. This is the time when the blue city of India experiences the winter season. The temperature during this time reduces to the least. It becomes cooler during the evening and night. The days are still comfortable to explore the forts and hill palaces during these months. You can also enjoy the festivals that fall during these months.
Why October to March are the best months to visit Jodhpur?
Jodhpur is also known as the blue city of India due to the number of blue houses in the city. If you are planning on visiting this city between October and March, then here are a few things that you will be enjoying there.
- The fairs and music festival.
- Tasty Rajasthani cuisines.
- Dance and festivals.
- You can also enjoy amazing activities.
Best Season to visit Jodhpur
Jodhpur is located in Rajasthan which is known to be one of the hottest places in India and that too throughout the year. If you are planning to visit this amazing city then winter would be the best option for you. Enjoying each and every part offered here is possible during this season so it is better to plan accordingly.
Why Winter is best Season to go Jodhpur?
Here is why you should visit Jodhpur during the winter season:
- The weather remains pleasant throughout the day.
- You get more chances to explore different places wherever you want.
- Enjoy the various cuisines that are served at different places.
- You can enjoy the activities offered by the city.
Get ideas for the best time to go
If you want to visit Jodhpur, the best time to go is during the winter season because in the other months the crowd gets thinner due to the heat. People refrain from visiting here. But you will still find some people who come to see things. Here are a few important things that will help in making the right choice.
|Peak Season to visit Jodhpur||Off-Season to visit Jodhpur|
|October||April to August|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
When you visit Jodhpur in the off-season you only have to combat the heat during the day. Apart from that, you are good to go because you get enough time to visit places and check what all things are there. You can visit places and spend time as much as you can.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Jodhpur in respective months.
The preferences in terms of months are going to be very subjective. You can choose any month of the year to enjoy the offerings that come along.
Best time to visit Jodhpur for a honeymoon
The best time to visit Jodhpur for a honeymoon is between October and March. This is the best time due to a lot of reasons Firstly because the temperature cools down significantly since October and it remains the same until March. Here are a few more things that can help you understand by visiting between October and March for your honeymoon will be the best:
- Apart from these months, Jodhpur remains a very hot city due to its proximity to the deserted area of Rajasthan.
- During these months you can explore the entire city without having to think about carrying an umbrella or the sun.
- There are multiple places apart from the heritage hotels where you can go and sit with your partner to enjoy a candlelight dinner or a romantic dinner.
- Open-roof cafes and restaurants are also a few places where you can enjoy the day and your evenings with your partner during these months.
- Taking a romantic walk or exploring the lanes of Jodhpur on your honeymoon becomes better during these months.
Best Time to visit Jodhpur for family
In the past decade, Jodhpur has become a fine family destination and people have started visiting here. If you do plan a trip you will witness people from all walks of life visiting here throughout the year. Some adventure enthusiasts also plan their trips during the hottest months or summer. But the best time to visit Jodhpur for a family trip is between September and February. That’s because:
- If you wish to relish the mouth-watering cuisines of Jodhpur then also October and March are known to be the best time for you.
- If you plan your trip to Jodhpur between September and February with your family you will be able to enjoy the cool and calm temperature here.
- Explore the forts and palaces of Jodhpur and also the heritage hotels with your family members.
If time and budget allow you to try to stay at any of the heritage hotels of Jodhpur to enjoy the luxuries and royalty that once the kings and queens of Jodhpur enjoyed.
- Do not miss out on the wonderful buffet system that’s offered at many new-age restaurants and cafes in Jodhpur.
- When and if you are planning to visit here between September and February, there are multiple festivals or winter festivals that are celebrated with a lot of zeal by the Jodhpurians.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Jodhpur
Which is the coldest month in Jodhpur?
The coldest month in Jodhpur is January.
Does it rain in Jodhpur in July?
Jodhpur experiences less rainfall but it does have a monsoon season that falls between July and September. So, yes, it does rain a bit in July.
Is Jodhpur too hot?
Close to the desert, Jodhpur experiences high temperatures during the summer season. The number of visitors during the summer months reduces to a minimum.
How many days is enough for Jodhpur?
To enjoy each and everything that’s on offer in Jodhpur you will have to spare at least three days or a weekend. Although there are a lot of people who spend their entire week enjoying this wonderful destination of Rajasthan, still if you want two days are enough for your trip.
Jodhpur is one of the phenomenal places that is visited by hundreds of people throughout the year. And the best part about it is, that you won’t only find the archaeological buffs visiting here. It’s true that most of the people visiting here throughout the year include a huge number of those who enjoy studying the forts, palaces, and other archaeological sites. But the picture has changed a lot in the past few years.
Read Also: Places to visit Jodhpur | Best time to visit Rajasthan | Best time to visit Jaipur
Best time to visit Jaisalmer | Best time to visit Udaipur | Best time to visit Goa