Best Time to Visit Rajasthan
Rajasthan is one of the best places to visit in India between October and March. It is often said that when the temperature dips, Rajasthan Tourism rises. The entire state becomes a wonderful place to visit. From royal palaces and hill forts to colourful markets, mouth-watering food stalls to enjoying the winter festivals everything can be enjoyed between these months.
Why October to March is Best Time to Visit Rajasthan
- The temperature between October and March (Winter Season) becomes pleasant.
- It becomes comfortable to explore.
- One gets to enjoy the Mewar Festival in Udaipur in March.
- To become a part of the Elephant Festival in Jaipur in March.
- To enjoy Camel Festival in Bikaner in January.
- Become a part of the Dussehra Celebration in Kota during October.
- Enjoy the Desert Festival in Jaisalmer in February.
- See the Winter Festival in Mt. Abu in March.
- Enjoy Rajasthan Winter Folk Festival in Jodhpur in October.
- Braj Holi in Bharatpur in March.
- The sacred festival of Shree in Pushkar during November or December.
- Adventure Festival in Kota during October.
- To be a part of the Bundi Festival in October.
Best Season to Visit Rajasthan
Undoubtedly, the winter season is the best to explore, enjoy and visit Rajasthan. Not only because it has a number of amazing festivals, but also because the climate becomes comfortable during this season as compared to that in the others.
Why Winter is the best season to visit Rajasthan
- The temperature during winter in Rajasthan is cooler than that in summers.
- Travellers get to explore the cities, forts and palaces to their heart’s content.
- The atmosphere becomes fresh.
- You also get a chance to become a part of many colourful and enjoyable festivals.
Which is the best month to visit Rajasthan?
The best month to visit Rajasthan is January. The temperature throughout this month is most comfortable for exploring the forts and monuments of the states.
Why is September the month to visit Rajasthan?
- If you love rain and an environment that’s washed and smells fresh, then September can be the ideal month for you because the state experiences monsoon between July and September.
- You can enjoy trekking and hiking up the hill forts.
- You can visit the markets comfortably.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Rajasthan
Is July a good time to visit Rajasthan?
July is arguably a decent time to visit Rajasthan because this is the month when the monsoon hits the state. You get average precipitation of approximately 181mm (7.1inch). The climate remains cool for most part of the day. Regular showers help in beating the heat making it comfortable to travel.
Which is the coldest month in Rajasthan?
January is the coldest month in Rajasthan. With a number of festivals being celebrated a lot of people choose to visit the cities of Rajasthan in this month. Additionally, January is one of the best times to visit for a comfortable overall experience.
Can we visit Rajasthan in May?
Rajasthan experiences hot sunny days with the scorching sun during May. Although it is wrong to visit Rajasthan during May, considering the temperature it is better to visit here during the winter season.
Is it good to visit Rajasthan in June?
If you are looking to explore Rajasthan, the ideal time to visit here is during winters which are between October and March. And January is the best month amongst them.