Best Time to Visit Rajasthan
Rajasthan is one of the best places to visit in India between October and March. It is often said that when the temperature dips, Rajasthan Tourism rises. The entire state becomes a wonderful place to visit. From royal palaces and hill forts to colourful markets, and mouth-watering food stalls to enjoying the winter festivals everything can be enjoyed between these months.
Why October to March is Best Time to Visit Rajasthan
Do you wish to know why October to March is the best time to visit Rajasthan? Firstly it is because of the pleasant weather during these months. The rest of the points are given below. Have a look at them before deciding whether you should be visiting any of the places in Rajasthan or not.
- The temperature between October and March (Winter Season) becomes pleasant.
- It becomes comfortable to explore.
- One gets to enjoy the Mewar Festival in Udaipur in March.
- To become a part of the Elephant Festival in Jaipur in March.
- To enjoy Camel Festival in Bikaner in January.
- Become a part of the Dussehra Celebration in Kota during October.
- Enjoy the Desert Festival in Jaisalmer in February.
- See the Winter Festival in Mt. Abu in March.
- Enjoy Rajasthan Winter Folk Festival in Jodhpur in October.
- Braj Holi in Bharatpur in March.
- The sacred festival of Shree in Pushkar is during November or December.
- Adventure Festival in Kota during October.
- To be a part of the Bundi Festival in October.
Best Season to Visit Rajasthan
Undoubtedly, the winter season is the best to explore, enjoy and visit Rajasthan. Not only because it has a number of amazing festivals, but also because the climate becomes comfortable during this season as compared to that in the others.
Why Winter is the best season to visit Rajasthan
To give you a better understanding on why you should be visiting Rajasthan during winter we have listed a few points below. Just take a glance and then decide whether you will be better off visiting here in other months or winter.
- The temperature during winter in Rajasthan is cooler than that in summers.
- Travellers get to explore the cities, forts, and palaces to their heart’s content.
- The atmosphere becomes fresh.
- You also get a chance to become a part of many colourful and enjoyable festivals.
Which is the best month to visit Rajasthan?
The best month to visit Rajasthan is January. The temperature throughout this month is most comfortable for exploring the forts and monuments of the states.
Why is September the month to visit Rajasthan?
If you love rain and an environment that’s washed and smells fresh, then September can be the ideal month for you because the state experiences monsoons between July and September.
- If you love rain and an environment that’s washed and smells fresh, then September can be the ideal month for you because the state experiences monsoons between July and September.
- You can enjoy trekking and hiking up the hill forts.
- You can visit the markets comfortably.
Get ideas for the best time to go
We believe Rajasthan is one of those places that can be visited comfortably during the winter season or the rainy season. But the best and the peak between these two is the winter season. That’s because this is the correct time when almost all the places in the state are comfortable to visit. The heat is less, you would not have to worry about sweating too much, you would not have to worry about keeping a bottle in your backpack all the time, and so on. Still, we have a few more things to tell you that we have listed below
|Peak Season to visit Rajasthan||Off-Season to visit Rajasthan|
|October to February – Winters||April to September|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
The actual peak and off-season depend on the traveller. We might have said this ample times right in this blog that winter is the best time to visit Rajasthan. But that never stops the travellers from visiting Udaipur, Jaipur, Alwar, and other places in the state even in the mid-summer season. So it would be better if you think of all the aspects before taking a trip to Rajasthan.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Rajasthan in respective months
This is just an extension of the previous point that we have already discussed in front of you. In this, we would like to tell you that it completely depends on the travellers as to which time they prefer irrespective of what we have to say. But if you want to take a word from the experts then winter is the best and the only time you should be visiting places in Rajasthan. Monsoon might look like a cooler time for people but due to the humidity in certain places like Udaipur, you would not get to enjoy the place to its fullest.
So we would like to emphasise on this point that if you want to comfortably enjoy every destination that Rajasthan has, take part in the festivals of Rajasthan, take all the activities that are offered by the state at different places, we have just one thing to say that visit here in winters.
FAQs for Best Time to Visit Rajasthan
Is July a good time to visit Rajasthan?
July is arguably a decent time to visit Rajasthan because this is the month when the monsoon hits the state. You get average precipitation of approximately 181mm (7.1inch). The climate remains cool for the most part of the day. Regular showers help in beating the heat making it comfortable to travel.
Which is the coldest month in Rajasthan?
January is the coldest month in Rajasthan. With a number of festivals being celebrated a lot of people choose to visit the cities of Rajasthan in this month. Additionally, January is one of the best times to visit for a comfortable overall experience.
Can we visit Rajasthan in May?
Rajasthan experiences hot sunny days with the scorching sun during May. Although it is wrong to visit Rajasthan during May, considering the temperature it is better to visit here during the winter season.
Is it good to visit Rajasthan in June?
If you are looking to explore Rajasthan, the ideal time to visit here is during winters which are between October and March. And January is the best month amongst them.