When Is The Best Time To Visit Meghalaya?
The best time to visit Meghalaya is between October and February which is after the monsoon till winter. One of the best places comes to life after the rain is over and the place showcases eternal beauty to the visitors.
Why is November to February the best time to visit Meghalaya?
It is known to all the people that seven sisters receive high rainfall throughout the year. It is ideal to visit here during the winter season when there are least chances of any downpours. Here is why visiting Meghalaya between November and February is the best:
- Firstly, the weather is not harsh but comfortable. The average temperature during these months is 8°C.
- The temperature fluctuates between 4°C and 12°C which is cold but lovable.
- The entire setup of Meghalaya gives a lot of reasons for the honeymooners to visit here.
- The state gets into the comfortable and relaxing mode which is good in a lot of ways.
- Adventurers find peace during these months as they get thrilling activities to perform.
Best Month to visit Meghalaya
The best month to visit Meghalaya is October because this is the month when it isn’t too harsh or hot. The weather is pleasant and perfect for exploring the place.
Why October is the best month to visit Meghalaya?
If you were to ask the question, what’s there in October, then you will get to know that:
- Sightseeing and exploring tours can be enjoyed in October.
- You get a fresh environment as monsoons would have finished just a month before.
- Everywhere you will get greenery which brings positivity and thrill to the hearts of adventurers.
- People also get to enjoy the natural beauty and photographers get intrigued with all of this a lot.
Best Season to visit Meghalaya
The best season to visit Meghalaya is during winters because you can enjoy the pleasure of both worlds. The temperature in some regions remains comfortable whereas some experience snowfall. So from October to February, it is the ideal time to visit here.
Why Winter is the best season to visit Meghalaya?
For every kind of person, the weather and season matter and if you are one of those who love colder months, then Meghalaya in the winter season has a lot in store for you. Here are some highlights:
- You can enjoy Christmas and New Year with a lot of zeal in Meghalaya during this season.
- One of the finest festivals, “The Strawberry Festival” is also celebrated in Meghalaya during this season.
- Playing indoor games, sipping coffee, tasting the best quality of tea, and even enjoying some outdoor sports; everything is possible during these months.
- In such amazing weather, people also get a chance to enjoy exploring expeditions in Meghalaya. For the same, you can head to Shillong, Guwahati (nearby areas), and Tura.
Get ideas for the best time to go to Meghalaya
For those who wish to place their trip to Meghalaya, it is advised not to think of the peak season or off-season. Meghalaya is one of those gems of India that people visit throughout the year. It should majorly depend on your interests and reason for your travel.
|Peak Season to visit Meghalaya||Off-Season to visit Meghalaya|
|April to June||November to March|
|Most Popular||Less popular|
|Most Crowded||Less Crowd|
|Higher prices||Cheap Prices|
|Festivals||Nothing of this sort|
Different types of people enjoy different kinds of things and Meghalaya has it all. While planning your trip, you don’t have to consider any of your temporary things. Basically, just look for the answers to important questions. Your trip should be based on your:
- Interests that would help in determining the season.
- What do you want from the trip; should it be an adventurous one or witness nature’s beauty only.
- Then what’s your budget should be the next thing.
- Also, consider finalizing your itinerary and duration of the trip.
Tourist’s preference according to visit Meghalaya in respective months.
All the above-given things are necessary and very important. You will have to keep in mind a lot of things and some of them are already mentioned above. Once you have considered thinking about them, it will be a better trip already. Just try to minimize the hiccups that would come your way and you will surely enjoy the trip.
Best time to visit Meghalaya for a honeymoon in Summer
When it comes to visiting Meghalaya on a honeymoon trip, then the best season is summer. And if you want to know the months then it is between April and June. Meghalaya due to its location never feels like a hot destination. Whereas, you can enjoy your time here.
April to June might be the hottest months of the year for the country but when the temperature becomes too hot in Meghalaya, the downpour makes it comfortable. It is so much enjoyable to have a time like this during the honeymoon trip and these months have it all for the honeymooners.
Best time to visit Meghalaya with family
It is ideal to visit Meghalaya with family during winters because that’s actually considered to be a good time. Here is why your winter months will be the best time to visit Meghalaya with your family.
- Unlike the other months, you will have an enjoyable time with the temperature being apt.
- The chances of rain encounters will be minimal during these months.
- All the outdoor activities are enjoyed the most during these months.
- Enjoy the local cuisines at the restaurants during winters and it is going to be absolutely amazing.
- Don’t forget the amusing view of the surroundings because that’s one thing you will surely remember in the memories of Meghalaya.
- Also, if you are one of the avid adventurers, there isn’t going to be a problem with trekking, hiking, mountaineering, or any other activity.
FAQs for Best Time to visit Meghalaya
Is October a good time to visit Meghalaya?
Yes! October is also a good time to visit Meghalaya, especially Shillong because during this time the rainy season finishes. The entire state experiences cool temperatures as winter starts to come.
Is April a good time to visit Meghalaya?
April and June is the time when Meghalaya experiences the summer season but it remains comfortable throughout the day. You can enjoy and explore the entire state without any problem.